OT humor -- How many listmembers does it take to change a lightbulb?

I thought some of you guys would enjoy this post I found on another site. LL

How many list members does it take to change a lightbulb?

One to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has been changed.

Fourteen to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and how the light bulb could have been changed differently.

Seven to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs.

Seven more to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about changing light bulbs.

Five to flame the spell checkers.

Three to correct spelling/grammar flames.

Six to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...

Another six to condemn those six as stupid.

Fifteen to claim experience in the lighting industry and give the correct spelling.

Nineteen to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to please take this discussion to a lightbulb (or light bulb) forum.

Eleven to defend the posting to the group saying that we all use light bulbs and therefore the posts are relevant to this group.

Thirty six to debate which method of changing light bulbs is superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are faulty.

Seven to post URLs where one can see examples of different light bulbs.

Four to post that the URLs were posted incorrectly and then post the corrected URL.

Three to post about links they found from the URLs that are relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to this group.

Thirteen to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"

Five to post to the group that they will no longer post because they cannot handle the light bulb controversy.

Four to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"

Thirteen to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting questions about light bulbs."

Three to tell a funny story about their cat and a light bulb.

AND

One group lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from now with something unrelated they found at snopes.com and start it all over again!

Reply to
LarryLurker

Me too :)

BTW, how many mother-in-laws does it take to change a light bulb?

Just one. She holds the bulb and waits for the world to revolve around her.

Reply to
Dave Lyon

You forgot entirely about all the neat bulb-changing devices that we could make with our machinery. Stuff to make it easier to reach those difficult bulbs or to simply avoid getting out the ladder, which of course would take much less time to do than to make the bulb-changer and aso removing the justification for all that necessary machinery in the basement and the swarf tracked upstairs. You also forgot to remind us that easily burned-out bulbs are due to a Liberal conspiracy to separate us from our money, since they can't easily find new ways to tax us anymore. They collect tax on light bulbs instead.

Dan

Reply to
Dan_Thomas_nospam

And then someone is sure to point out that the drowning of the lady in Ted Kennedy's car was far worse than the burning out of ANY light bulb.

Reply to
Leo Lichtman

And the damage to the US manufacturing base caused by installing foreign-made lightbulbs.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

And the fact that the most basic lightbulb changing skills are no longer taught in our school system.

Reply to
Jim Stewart

Sad, but this one is probably true. LL

Reply to
LarryLurker

And one to post (ok, me...) that in the "good old days" we were too poor to buy a new light bulb but were self reliant and skilled enough to sit in the dark........

Andrew VK3BFA.

Reply to
Andrew VK3BFA

When I was a lad we had to walk five miles (uphill both ways) with our bare feet wrapped in barbed wire for traction to get the light bulb.

Reply to
Errol Groff

Who needs light bulbs. I can watch tv by candlelight. I admit it takes a lot of them to power up the tube but.... Nearly free

Reply to
daniel peterman

I remember those light bulb ads reading "Don't be a bulb snatcher"

I also remember the conventional looking light bulbs with left hand threaded bases. They were used to light the interiors of subway cars, and the "backwards" threads discouraged pilferage. Or, at least they helped once folks figured out that those bulbs wouldn't be much good at home.

Jeff

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia