sounds about right to me

A lesson in Posting:
How many group posters does it take to change a light bulb?

1 to change the light bulb and to post that the light bulb has
been changed
14 to share similar experiences of changing light bulbs and
how the light bulb could have been changed differently
7 to caution about the dangers of changing light bulbs
27 to point out spelling/grammar errors in posts about
changing light bulbs
53 to flame the spell checkers
41 to correct spelling/grammar flames
6 to argue over whether it's "lightbulb" or "light bulb" ...
another 6 to condemn those 6 as anal-retentive
2 industry professionals to inform the group that the proper
term is "lamp"
15 know-it-alls who claim *they* were in the industry, and
that "light bulb" is perfectly correct
156 to email the participant's ISPs complaining that they are
in violation of their "acceptable use policy"
109 to post that this group is not about light bulbs and to
please take this discussion to a lightbulb group
203 to demand that cross posting to hardware forum, off-topic
forum, and lightbulb group about changing light bulbs be
stopped
111 to defend the posting to this group saying that we all use
light bulbs and therefore the posts *are* relevant to this group
306 to debate which method of changing light bulbs is
superior, where to buy the best light bulbs, what brand of
light bulbs work best for this technique and what brands are
faulty
27 to post URL's where one can see examples of different light
bulbs
14 to post that the URL's were posted incorrectly and then
post the corrected URL's
3 to post about links they found from the URL's that are
relevant to this group which makes light bulbs relevant to
this group
33 to link all posts to date, quote them in their entirety
including all headers and signatures, and add "Me too"
12 to post to the group that they will no longer post because
they cannot handle the light bulb controversy
19 to quote the "Me too's" to say "Me three"
4 to suggest that posters request the light bulb FAQ
44 to ask what is a "FAQ"
4 to say "didn't we go through this already a short time ago?"
143 to say "do a Google search on light bulbs before posting
questions about light bulbs"
1 forum lurker to respond to the original post 6 months from
now and start it all over again....
Reply to
Bob Cowell
I love it!
ps: I've decided to use florescent in the incandescent socket where I can. I took one out to check the fit in a bathroom light/exhaust fan that was rated at 27W but it was pretty hot to the touch. More than what I thought 27W felt like. It didn't fit. mk
Reply to
MK
ROFLMAO!
Reply to
Fubar of The HillPeople
Good stuff!! I'll add one more... 4 to have a good laugh because they realize this internet thing is all about entertainment
Reply to
PS2727