OT: Hurt Locker

On Memorial Day eve, I thought a DVD that was related to the military would be a good rental so I rented "Hurt Locker". What a pathetic movie. The best thing I can say about it is at least our guys were portrayed as the good guys.

I can't imagine anyone in EOD being that reckless. Bull Chit quotient is very high. I should have grabbed the Nicolas Gage or the Mel Gibson movie instead.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

can say about

I agree, it seemed more like a freak show.

Ignoramus28053

As mentioned here before.. The Machinist A great movie for one of those nights when you can't sleep.

Military: Jarhead Black Hawk Down

Misc: Snatch Fight Club

General Hilarity: Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story Still Crazy

Reply to
Wild_Bill

Well, they can't all be gems. Esp. considering the dearth of knowledge the weenie Hollywood types have about such things as combat. Not to even mention the outlandish special effects they use to substitute for their distortion of the truth. Some examples are the spaghetti westerns where they were showing dynamite and det cord used in a civil war setting.

Military: Jarhead Black Hawk Down

Misc: Snatch Fight Club

General Hilarity: Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story Still Crazy

Reply to
Robert Swinney

can say about

Just a suspicion - you aren't going to like "In The Valley of Elah" either.

Reply to
cavelamb

weenie Hollywood types

effects they use to

westerns where they

That's almost as bad as their Spaghetti Sci-Fi movies where they are using a flame thrower inside a space ship, and called it a laser. Neither weapon is a good idea when you are in space.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Damn, you didn't tell me it was a Hitchcock type movie with an industrial accident tossed in for fun.

Until it came together at the end, I was thinking Alfred H met groundhog day.

BTw, some really interesting video has been streaming from BP's live feed on the well they are trying to close down.

I had the movie up on one display and the BP feed up on another one.

Wes

Wes

weenie Hollywood types

effects they use to

spaghetti westerns where they

When I was a kid they had slide projection shows in church with a audio played off a record. In one scene Joseph was wearing a watch. Every movie has those little in-anachronisms that are fun to watch for especially if the movie is dull. Alferd Hitchcock would do a cameo scene in his movies.

John

Reply to
john

accident tossed

the well they

John

accident tossed

the well they

Oddly enough..I dont remember him.

Must be a stroke moment. Crom knows Ive watched enough westerns in my time......

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Wes, the absolute master of puns and understatement goes, "BTw, some really interesting video has been streaming from BP's live feed on the well they are trying to close down."

Bob Swinney

Reply to
Robert Swinney

the well they

Reading this crap and FEED ? What feed? I've been without TV since the pres. won. Still can't find Birds of Prey 1972 helicopter chases.

5,000 ft. and start the cut again...

Where is the really good stuff? Audio?

Doesn't much matter, not gonna tell ya crap like no spectrographs and such from Mars, but we pay for it all.

SW

PS Was getting a bit pissed, hope their on it 24-7.

Reply to
Sunworshipper

interesting video has

Best show out there. Too bad they can't get Nielson ratings.

There is a thread on the HSM board that is rather interesting if you skip over some bickering. In the thread there are a couple guys that actually know enough to comment intelligently. Skip over the bickering bits and pay attention to philbur and camdigger.

There are a number of frame captures of the streaming video made at interesting moments.

Warning, the link is currently up to 81 pages.

Wes

Reply to
Wes

accident tossed

the well they

Wrong link. Here is the one I ment to post.

John

Reply to
john

weenie Hollywood types

special effects they use to

spaghetti westerns where they

That is called 'Continuity' in move & TV production where one or more people are responsible to make sure that doesn't happen. OTOH, some things are spoofs, with intentional mistakes to see if people notice.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell