OT: Important health warning!

If you receive e-mail from the local health department warning you not to eat canned spiced ham due to the risk of contracting the "swine flu" virus, ignore it. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . It's just Spam.

;-) Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Much like this thread.

nb

Reply to
notbob

Me like to.

Reply to
Kevin Stone

I prefer the Viking variety.

Reply to
Dirk Bruere at NeoPax

Just humor! And, he is using Pan!

Reply to
CF

....and crossposting to 3 other groups. Time to add that score rule to this group.

nb

Reply to
notbob

.

Hi Rich, I thought it was funny, sure a lot of grump old men lurking today. Have a great day! Mike

Reply to
amdx

It might be if you haven't seen it on other groups, and a couple dozen emails.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Hey Mike!! Hope you're doing well... been off SED a while.

As for SPAM, here's something to consider: I heard the reason polynesians like the taste is because it tastes like humans. (Allegedly)

I know some Thai people who like it too.!! I'm just sayin'...

-mpm

Reply to
mpm

On eternal-september.org, no less! ;-)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Bitch, bitch, bitch. You must be one of those grumpy old men amdx was referring to.

Personally, I love a good groaner in the morning!

And BTW, according to USENET protocol customs (netiquette), cross-posting is better than multi-posting.

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Crossposting is better than multiposting, but even when crossposting you should make really sure that your post is on-topic for all groups. Humour postings don't really meet that criterion.

I do score down any post cross-posted to more than two groups, simply because I've found the probability of a post being on-topic decreases rapidly in proportion to the number of groups. (I used to have it at three groups, but it didn't filter out enough junk.)

--keith

Reply to
Keith Keller

had some minor surgery a few months ago, but finally getting my strength back. :)

Hurricane victims in Florida like it too. That is, if they remembered to stock up, first.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

It's been years. But, I got an email telling me that ## or other disease was oxygen sensetive. Every morning I should take off all my clothes, run around in the road, and flap my arms for better oxygenation.

Reply to
Stormin Mormon

I grew up in Minnesota, and my Dad grew up in Austin, MN and worked at Hormel many years ago. Ergo, we used to have fried Spam for breakfast.

So, I like it. It's convenient, nutritious, affordable, and tasty - what more could you want? :-)

Monty Python seems to not like it, but then again, the Brits eat kidney pie. ("you have to soak them to get the ... pee ... taste out of them."

- actual quote; we once had a Brit couple next door who were the spittin' image of Andy and Flo Capp.)

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Spam

Cheers

Reply to
Martin Riddle

The whole thing about spam is that you don't /need/ to stock up on it.

(Especially, as it turns out, in Florida.)

Reply to
Richard Heathfield

I think that's a bit strong. It's just a sketch.

Not this one, pal. If it's all the same to you, I'll stick to chocolate fudge cheesecake, straight from the fridge.

Reply to
Richard Heathfield

How many hurricanes have you sat through, and weeks after with no electricity? No stores open, and little food being brought into the area? Don't keep food on hand, if it's your choice but after several times of being stuck at home for over a month has taught me to keep enough canned and dry goods on hand for at least a month. I don't really care if the idiots starve to death because they are to stupid or lazy to keep emergency rations.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How many times have you considered yourself clever when you aren't?

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell