[OT] - Lift Trucks

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:56:02 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner

Table, cart, or both? <g>

That's an idea. I spent all day spiffing up my shop to clear room for the goodies I'm bringing home with me. Maybe I'll draw up a cart for the li'l TIGer. I have 4 extra 5" swivel casters...

I have a shortbed and like the visibility, thanks.

Pass, but thanks for the offer.

I'm thinking about doing that myself; that or a flatbed tail with integral low toolboxes. I'll be going for my contractor's license next month and will need to have tools with me all the time, stored safely.
See ya Saturday!
--
I speak 2 languages fluently: English and foul.
---------------------------

Ive got a table made from a piece of catwalk grid..about 24" wide, by about 40" long (memory..its outside in the dark back yard) on a post with swivel. Not particularly flat..but we can flatten it out easily enough with some stiffeners. You can cut on it, the grid doesnt mind, and its handy to weld on. It will take down easily if you want it.

Take the dimensions of the tigger. Ive got a factory cart for a Lincoln Weldpack 100, bottle storage on the back, undershelf IRRC on wheels if you want it. Its in my way. The mig lives in the back of my truck. I just went and measured it..top is 11x 17.5 and has a bottom shelf, and a mid shelf. One of these I think:
http://cgi.ebay.com/HAVE-DUTY-MIG-WELDER-CART_W0QQitemZ160010594494QQihZ006QQcategoryZ42363QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
Or of you need something custom..bring your drawings and your wheels.

Bring your list <G>
Gunner

That's easy.... you're too dull witted to be capable of surprise. What little synaptic ability you do possess is stretched to the limit with life support. If you diverted power to the critical thought processors you'd asphyxiate in a matter of minutes.
George Orwell
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:21:49 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner

Sounds like a workable table. Great!

Did they misspell "half-duty"? Oh, it s/b "heavy-duty", eh? <bseg>

It's 15"D x 5"W x 7"H, the Harbor Fright unit. That cart would work fine if it can carry a 48" x 7" argon tank.

I add to it daily, and an Electro Etcher is on it, seein' as you have so many spares. <g>
Let's see, a sand blaster--Got a small one (5 gal?) in the way?
Old welding tanks I can make into Zen gongs/bells? (Great idea, Ken.)
Hmmm, what else don't I have time or room for? ;)
--
I speak 2 languages fluently: English and foul.
---------------------------
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 17:48:28 -0700, Larry Jaques

Worked for me for years..yours.

It can indeed.

Ayup. Though Ive got $20 in the brand new chemicals for it. We may have do discuss that. Bring trading stock if you have any <G>

Nope. Last small one I had..I sold it for $1600.
Dental unit <G>

Nope.
Need a full tank of Tri-mix? Ill trade you straight across for another 135cf Argon tank. Id hate to dump the Trimix. If nothing else..its fun to fill balloons with.

You say you bought a short bed? Whatever for????
Gunner
"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Dan, Solid concrete blocks are a MUCH better idea than sand. Density is about 125lbs/cu/ft. Cost about $2.00 each for 60 lbs or so. You need only a shelf or box to stack them in and you can do it by hand in ten minutes, no mess. They have lots of other uses too. Like as a platform when the forktruck is just a smidge too short!
We bought a forktruck off ebay last year. 8,000lb capacity derated to 7,000 because it's got 6 foot forks that hydraulically spread to 7 feet wide, and side shift about 3 feet. Caterpillar brand, about 1000 hrs on it, $2,000 DELIVERED! What a freakin steal, I couldn't believe it when I saw it. The company sold off 23 forktrucks on ebay at one time. This one must have been a sleeper.
Gary H. Lucas

I thought we stole ours. But you win. IIRC, we paid eight grand for the truck, a granite surface plate, as new 20" drill press, newish Dell desktop with flat screen monitor, pedastal grinder, mitre saw, electonic scale, mig welder, a crate of lathe tooling, torque wrench, circular saw, portable band saw, and some other odds and ends.
That was 2002. It's good to have a little money when the economy is bad.
--

Dan

Scopulus est usquequaque nefas
Keep your eye on Ebay for a 15,000lb truck.
--
Anthony

I would. But we honestly don't have that kind of room. With the park we're in I can't keep it parked outside either.
--

Dan

Scopulus est usquequaque nefas

Sounds like you need to move :P
--
Anthony

Yup. Not an option for 30 months or so.
--

Dan

Scopulus est usquequaque nefas
Check with CAT on Monday. I made a counter weight for a Fork truck, I think it was a CAT brand. I made the counter weight, the dealer installed it and provided a new nameplate for the truck so everything was "kosher". I had to prvide a paper stating that the peice of steel I sent to them weighed 500#. If you state that you need it to move machine X and will will be only lifting it 2" high, you should be able to get their blessing.]
I forget if the idea was to increase the load capacity or relocate the CG out farther.

Thank You, Randy
Remove 333 from email address to reply.
Is there any chance of constructing the machine on the platform it needs to be moved to? Even if it means elevating the area around it on a temporary basis, this might end up saving a step.
Also, is it possible your lift truck came with a counterweight (that it no longer has) in order to get its 12K rating?
"Chip"