[OT] - Lift Trucks

This sort of weather brings back memories..gack!!

All I need now is a monsoon

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

On Sat, 22 Jul 2006 23:58:47 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

105 here at 5pm. Ugh!

We probably have something around that here now, too. I don't know for sure because parts of my weather station took a dive a couple weeks ago. Wind speed and direction/outside wind/baro/inside temp still shows, but hummerditty and temps outside are dead.

Yeah, it won't with any humidity at all. Mine worked fine in Phoenix. My A/C here in OR is humming right along. It's 75 in here all the time.

Well, I got some really bad welds (which will support me) during my practice runs with the HF TIG, so my brackets are all up for the storage shelf I'm putting up at the top of one of the shop walls. I need to make room for goodies from GunnerLand(tm), y'know.

I learned that I can't weld worth a hoot at some angles, sticking the tungsten every several seconds. (Wish I had a high-freq section in this little beastie.) And I'm finding that I'm better at TIGgin' right handed. I need some more thin copper-coated TIG wire now, too. Ayup, I need more practice, alright.

Damn, I'm sorry. I've steered this topic right back into metalworking. What was I thinking. ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

On 22 Jul 2006 21:23:29 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, D Murphy quickly quoth:

Oh, that's easy, Dan. Tap a 1/4" hose into the air feed for the pad. Fold over the open end in your mouth and clamp down with your teeth. If you do an "Oh @#$%!", your mouth will open, the tube will fall out and open (releasing the pressure), and the machine will drop to the ground and stop immediately.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

If I had AC, with California power rates, Id be living on the street in a cardboard box within 3 months

Remind me and Ill spool you off a few hundred feet of 309L mig wire..stainless works fine for tig filler on both mild steel and stainless steel. Even copper coated Mig wire works. A spool goes a very long way.

If you have a hard time tiging out of position..fixture/clamp the brackets so the weld lines are flat and level.

Know anybody that needs a decent sized stick welder? Picked up a Hobart TR250. Needs a stinger lead..but its single phase, decent shape, and AC/DC

$350 OBO gets it

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 09:57:07 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

God Bless Gray Davis and the Libs for that, eh?

Great. I'll do that.

I ended up welding in my 6" swivel mechanic's vise from HF. The magnets didn't work for 5/8" square tubing, it almost fit between the plates. What I found almost immediately was that I needed a steel welding table. That and a cart for the TIG/bottle are top priorities in my project list now. Once I have those, I can build some jigs and fixtures for common weldups. Being more used to doing that with wood doesn't help. I found out early on that a quick weld turns the project into a branding iron for a wooden table.

I'll keep my ears peeled. ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------ "You just won the Super Bowl, guys. What are you going to do now?" "We're going to GunnerLand(tm)!"

Larry Jaques

Dead man's soother

Mark Rand RTFM

Reply to
Mark Rand

Ill give you one. Wont be a great one..but it will do the job for you. Remind me.

When you leave here..we can hang a sign on the Heaps of stuff in your truck that says Oregon or Bust

Ask around. Im sure I can come up with a stinger and some lead for it.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

Which reminds me..if you need to fab something up, bring along your prints and we can put something together. Ive got a couple or three machine tools/welders etc

Oh..need a shell for a full sized pickup truck? Glass is good, looks decent, needs gas lifters and locking bar. Pass through front also.

Speak up before I go to So. Cal Tue morning and Ill bring it back north with me Friday.

Free of course. I got it to replace mine..and didnt realize it was for a full size.

Ive got all sorts of Stuff stored down at my buddies shop..and I need to start bringing some of it home.

If ANYONE in So Cal wants it if LJ doesnt want it..Ill tell you where to meet me.

Im looking for a good used utility body..like a plumbers bed, with all the bins and boxes..so I can make a trailer. Cheap/trade for Stuff only.

Gunner

The aim of untold millions is to be free to do exactly as they choose and for someone else to pay when things go wrong.

In the past few decades, a peculiar and distinctive psychology has emerged in England. Gone are the civility, sturdy independence, and admirable stoicism that carried the English through the war years . It has been replaced by a constant whine of excuses, complaints, and special pleading. The collapse of the British character has been as swift and complete as the collapse of British power.

Theodore Dalrymple,

Reply to
Gunner

On Sun, 23 Jul 2006 20:56:02 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Table, cart, or both?

That's an idea. I spent all day spiffing up my shop to clear room for the goodies I'm bringing home with me. Maybe I'll draw up a cart for the li'l TIGer. I have 4 extra 5" swivel casters...

I have a shortbed and like the visibility, thanks.

Pass, but thanks for the offer.

I'm thinking about doing that myself; that or a flatbed tail with integral low toolboxes. I'll be going for my contractor's license next month and will need to have tools with me all the time, stored safely.

See ya Saturday!

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Ive got a table made from a piece of catwalk grid..about 24" wide, by about 40" long (memory..its outside in the dark back yard) on a post with swivel. Not particularly flat..but we can flatten it out easily enough with some stiffeners. You can cut on it, the grid doesnt mind, and its handy to weld on. It will take down easily if you want it.

Take the dimensions of the tigger. Ive got a factory cart for a Lincoln Weldpack 100, bottle storage on the back, undershelf IRRC on wheels if you want it. Its in my way. The mig lives in the back of my truck. I just went and measured it..top is 11x 17.5 and has a bottom shelf, and a mid shelf. One of these I think:

Or of you need something custom..bring your drawings and your wheels.

Bring your list

Gunner

That's easy.... you're too dull witted to be capable of surprise. What little synaptic ability you do possess is stretched to the limit with life support. If you diverted power to the critical thought processors you'd asphyxiate in a matter of minutes.

George Orwell

Reply to
Gunner

On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 05:21:49 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner quickly quoth:

Sounds like a workable table. Great!

Did they misspell "half-duty"? Oh, it s/b "heavy-duty", eh?

It's 15"D x 5"W x 7"H, the Harbor Fright unit. That cart would work fine if it can carry a 48" x 7" argon tank.

I add to it daily, and an Electro Etcher is on it, seein' as you have so many spares.

Let's see, a sand blaster--Got a small one (5 gal?) in the way?

Old welding tanks I can make into Zen gongs/bells? (Great idea, Ken.)

Hmmm, what else don't I have time or room for? ;)

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Worked for me for years..yours.

It can indeed.

Ayup. Though Ive got $20 in the brand new chemicals for it. We may have do discuss that. Bring trading stock if you have any

Nope. Last small one I had..I sold it for $1600.

Dental unit

Nope.

Need a full tank of Tri-mix? Ill trade you straight across for another

135cf Argon tank. Id hate to dump the Trimix. If nothing else..its fun to fill balloons with.

You say you bought a short bed? Whatever for????

Gunner

"I think this is because of your belief in biological Marxism. As a genetic communist you feel that noticing behavioural patterns relating to race would cause a conflict with your belief in biological Marxism." Big Pete, famous Usenet Racist

Reply to
Gunner