Pantograph Engraver and Font set Questions

I just purchased a Scott SM 500 without engraver fonts. I would like to
know if I can use other brand font sets in it. I seem to find alot of
New Hermes fonts on ebay but no Scott.
Thanks
Reply to
Sison
Most of the commercial fonts are interchangeable. But in the worst case, you would just need to make or buy a type holder for the oddball size font. Scott, on their website, claims their fonts will fit other machines- why dont you call or email them,and ask them whether Hermes or Gorton fonts will fit their machine?
rniemi
The important part of any fonts are the fonts themselves. The letters can be held by any system that works. Most of the fonts that I've seen are held in a dovetailed base where you slide the letters in and hold them in place with a stop or other such thing and that works just fine.
Bob May

Site Timeline