modifying text

I would like to be able to make text into a real sketch so I can edit individual letters to make it easier for the guys making the EDM electrodes. For example I would want to remove the crossbar on a "T" and then make another part that has the crossbar present and the vertical bar missing. The cutters can't get into the sharp inside corners, so we'd like to make our EDM electrodes in 2 or more pieces to allow the inside sharp corners to be burned into the mold.

Is it possible to edit parts of the letters as a sketch, but leave most of the letters alone?

Thanks

Reply to
Bill Chernoff

You need Text Effects Add on located at

Michael

Reply to
Baren-Boym Company

Bill,

It depends what version you're using, but in SW05 for sure you can RMB on the sketch text and use "Dissolve sketch text", which will give you editable lines and splines.

Matt

"Bill Chernoff" wrote in news:Frice.1152315$8l.951857@pd7tw1no:

Reply to
matt

That's it!! Thanks Matt. The term RMB threw me for a few minutes OH Right Mouse Button!!

Bill spot the newbie Chernoff

Reply to
Bill Chernoff

Just got SW2005... text always bummed me out (couldn't use the fonts I like) because of "intersecting lines"... this RMB must be new? Now I have to go back and update all the text on parts to a font I like! Thanks!

MT

Reply to
Mike Tripoli