Macro for Text change in extrude

Wondering if anyone knows how to access the text in sketch function without having to edit the sketch? For eg., Link a text value to the configuration name so that I change the config name and the text extrude changes?. Anyone know an easy way to do this or whether it is possible?

Reply to
Alex

You can change the text via API. I tried this in the past and it was quite easy, but I didn't store the code for it.

Kind regards,

J.J. Zwaard

Alex schreef:

Reply to
JJ

Man, that would be awesome if there was a way to link the text like that. I have always wanted to be able to do that as well.

However what I do now is to simply have multiple extruded text features with manually entered text, and suppress/unsuppress the appropriate features in each config. It sucks. But that all I have ever been able to come up with.

Reply to
Seth Renigar

I don't really see how this would be possible. Essentially you would need an always running program that would detect when you change a configuration name and then goes to your sketch, edits it, and updates the text used there. Seth's method sounds like the best to me.

You could also have a macro that you run which updates the text in a specific sketch to reflect the configuration name. That would be pretty easy.

Just use SketchText::Text to change the text.

Seth Renigar wrote:

Reply to
Mr. Who

Macro feature would be a way to do this, if one would like to regenerate the text on each rebuild.. You could write a macro to show user interface with selectionbox in propertymanager. The user would select the sketch text entity into the selectionbox and the feature would update the sketch text.

-h-

Reply to
Heikki Leivo

Reply to