Dongle change

Hi,

I was wondering if it is possible to change the dongle an serial number of an solidworks installation without having to reinstall solidworks.

The reason why I would like to do this, is because we hire out computer systems, and somtimes the dongles change (from solidworks standard to solidworks professional). I would same me lots of time if there was a way to do this without a complete reinstall.

Thanks,

Bas

Reply to
Bas Slijkhuis

Yes, you just have to change the serial number that is written into registry, so run regedit.exe or regedt32.exe and browse to:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\SolidWorks\Security\

ps. You may need reg.code when starting SW with new dongle/serial (and make a backup of your registry before doing anything :-))

Reply to
Markku Lehtola