OT louver repair

I need to replace most of the solid rivets in several windows with pop rivets. Do I need some sort of spacer (paper) or will the parts move ok? Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

RoyJ

Pop rivet also makes a threaded insert that goes into one side as a rivet with threads inside, you then use a small machine screw either

8-32 or 10-24 to fasten the other part. Instead of a notched breakaway piece it uses a threaded mandrel to pull the rivet and it then unscrews.
Reply to
bamboo

You might be better off using .005" brass shim stock with a notch a little longer than the rivet diameter cut in one edge.

That you could probably pull out with pliers easier than getting paper out.

A little lube on it couldn't hurt either.

Reply to
Jeff Wisnia