OT-made some very good soup

Greetings Cooks, I know there are several folks here who like to cook. So I thought that there might be some interest for this. I like cream of asparagus
soup and was making some last night and decided to try putting some pistachios in the soup. I use a stick blender to homogenize the soup and the nuts ground up nicely. After blending the soup I pour it through a strainer to remove any asparagus fibers. My wife said it was the best asparagus soup she had ever had. So if anyone wants the recipe I'll post it to rcm. But if I do then you have to actually make some and report back here whether you liked it a lot too. And any changes you may have made. Cheers, Eric
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 09:07:11 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote:

Do it, Eric!
P.S: Got any tips to keep aspergrass from stinkin' up yer pee?
--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying
Larry Jaques wrote:

Don't eat it. :)
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 16:52:58 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

WIMP!
--
The more you know, the less you need.
-- Aboriginal Saying
Larry Jaques wrote:

It does more than make my piss stink. I can't digest the stuff, and need a blasting cap to get rid of it.
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 22:01:23 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Weird, because it's chock full of fiber.
--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2
Larry Jaques wrote:

It's one of the foods I can't digest.
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 00:07:07 -0500, "Michael A. Terrell"

Food allergies are weird.
--
Average # of people killed in mass shooting when stopped by police: 18.25
Average # of people killed when stopped by civilians: 2
Larry Jaques wrote:

And can range from discomfort to death.

gus

up

was

make

> Weird, because it's chock full of fiber.
We don't need that in here. Just meat & potatoes and gallons of alcohol.
(helps keep us all looking pregnant)
On Fri, 22 Feb 2013 10:03:37 -0800, Larry Jaques

OK. I'll post the recipe. Remember though, you gotta make the soup and report b ack. ERic
On Sat, 23 Feb 2013 08:52:44 -0800, snipped-for-privacy@whidbey.com wrote:

Will do. I just wish you'd posted this a couple months ago. My sister gave me a large (1/2 empty!) bag of pistachios as one Christmas present.
--
Progress is the product of human agency. Things get better because
we make them better. Things go wrong when we get too comfortable,

I'm the Soup Nazi.
Thx.