OT: millwaukee or dewalt 18 volt combo

Which would you recommend the DeWalt or the Milwaukee 18 volt combo kit at Home Depot? I would have put links but Home Depot defaults to the home page. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

I am partial to Milwaukee but I have the DeWalt 18V kit. The drill is great and with two batteries will keep you busy driving deck screws all day. The trim saw is just that. It saws trim. Don't expect it to get all the way across a sheet of 1/2" plywood more than once on a charge.

Reply to
Glenn Ashmore

I just bought 2 B&D 18v with 2 batteries each and a radio/charger for $49.95 ea. and they are doing well in 8 hour production shifts...and the radios are really nice!

Reply to
Tom Gardner

While the Milwaukee batteries aren't cheap, I understand that DeWalt batteries are even more money. You'd have to look it up to confirm.

Definately an important point as the batteries will eventually need to be replaced...

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

I own a bunch of DeWalt 18V batteries. They're about $60, or were when I bought 'em. By the way, don't buy more than two. I bought a whole bunch of DW tools and got each a battery and later realized I was wasting my money because I don't use the tools often enough relative to the battery shelf time (about 2-3 weeks) so I have to always charge one before using -- well, other than looking cool on the shelf, I might as well just use 2 batteries!

Come to think of it, anyone need about 4 DeWalt 18V batteries, mint condition?

Grant Erwin

To email me see

Grant Erwin

Reply to
Kevlar

That was my thought too. But I thought I'd see what you guys thought. Looks like it will be Milwaukee. Thanks for everyone's opinion. Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

Just to let you know, the current series of Makita cordless drills (MFORCE) have all metal gears.

Regards,

Robin

Reply to
Robin S.

I was wondering about that. The Makita's I've had apart had metal gears. I'll keep it in mind. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk