OT----Opinions requested on a moral dillema

Oh yeah! I agree. It's not that I'm against proper security, but when a notice of a particular type individual is posted, and a tired old gal in a wheel chair is frisked while someone that closely matches the description is waved through, for fear of "profiling"--something's badly broken in how we do things. That was my point. If you're looking for an old long gray haired Greek that wears a beard and has way too much to say, then that's who you should be paying attention to. Even if it offends him when he's not the guy.

No, I'm not guilty. I was just using myself as an example.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

And you, Sir, have manners. I like that!

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 07:15:16 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

Keenly trained senses of awareness and innate psychic abilities will be outlawed soon, no doubt, as they're not PC. Feh!

That's an excellent discourse. I hadn't realized how long I'd been using a system like this until you posted this last time, Gunner. And I've watched others walk right into things (physically and situationally) by having their minds somewhere else.

Quickly, everyone. Think back to your last accident in the shop or around the house. Was your mind where it was supposed to be? WAG: odds are 100:1 against. DAMHIKT.

----------------------------------------------------------- -- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --

Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases ==================================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Gunner gave us:

Reply to
rigger

I usually no longer reply to OT posts, BUT you have just triggered one of my pet peeves. There is no such thing as a REVERSE RACIST. A RACIST IS A RACIST NO MATTER WHAT HIS COLOR TO WHATEVER COLOR, IT IS RACISM.

Rant off, This is just one of the things That causes me to rant. Now I will fade back into the shadows.

Live long and prosper. Grin

Reply to
Bob Miller

On 20 Nov 2005 07:08:12 -0800, "rigger" wrote:

I managed a pawn shop (part of a chain of them) for a couple years, and the owner was very much like the owners listed below. A survivor of several in-store gunfights.

We had a pistol every 8-10 feet behind every counter, and we all carried handguns, either exposed or concealed...in some cases..both Fortunately..no armed bad guys came into my particular store..well...a couple did..but after scoping the place out...decided to go elsewhere, thanks be (insert diety of your choice). Having a weapon on your person, is far far better than having one 12" out of reach. Trust me on this....Im alive because I believe in this...

Rules of a Gunfight

Avoid them like the plague Be aware of what is going on around you by staying in condition yellow. Have a plan or two. (If not, a "Last Will & Testament will do.) Corollary: No plan survives contact with the enemy. Bring at least one gun (don't bring a knife). Bring the biggest gun you can handle. Bring friends (as friendly witnesses or fire support).* Let close air support or artillery soften-up the target for you. ;-) Make use of available cover. Remember the difference between concealment and cover. Don't get shot (Use cover to your advantage). Place your shots well. Pay attention to where your shots fall. "Speed's fine, but accuracy is final." Don't miss. (You can't miss fast enough to win.) Rules of drawing If you're the bad guy, draw & shoot first. If you're the good guy, draw second and shoot first. Never turn your back on an armed bad guy, even if he's down. Rules of wounds A "sucking chest wound" is nature's way of telling you to slow down. If you're bleeding to death, say something witty. If you're actually dying, say something deep. Never assume your opponent is out of ammo. Bring lots of ammo. In combat, you will be scared. You will have a tendency to shoot high. Be aware of this and aim low. Rules of quitting Don't quit just because you're hit; GET EVEN! Never quit, period. There is no prize for second place. There's no such thing as "unfair advantage." He who lives to run away will live to run another day (the best strategy is being somewhere else). It is better to give than receive (Just like Christmas). Professionals are predictable, it's the amateurs that are dangerous. Anything you do can get you shot, including nothing. If your opponents didn't have the courtesy to "Count Off!" before beginning, assume that there's one more somewhere. When the cops pull up, think fast and move slow. Say nothing afterwards but the Seven Magic Words: "I'd like to speak with my attorney." Distribute press releases indicating you target belongs to a cult.* Drop the one with the shotgun first. Afterward, alter evidence to favor your position and plan for perjury.* Use cutesy green-and-purple colored weapons and ammo so the press won't show any video of your non-evil-looking equipment. Fuzzy rifle-wrap works best. Insist on at least $50K from tabloid TV producers.

[all rules with a * following them apply to Feds and BATF] "Pax Americana is a philosophy. Hardly an empire. Making sure other people play nice and dont kill each other (and us) off in job lots is hardly empire building, particularly when you give them self determination under "play nice" rules.

Gunner Asch

On Sun, 20 Nov 2005 17:03:54 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

Hmmm, the guy didn't like the Glaser safety rounds. When I was picking up some 9mm practice ammo at BiMart the other day, I saw Remington's Self-Defense rounds. It's a jacketed hollow point with a needle in the center! Ever used/heard of these things? $12.99 for 25 rounds.

suggests that the Remington 115 grain 9mm JHPs I found for $8.99 would be fine for defensive use.

----------------------------------------------------------- -- This post conscientiously crafted from 100% Recycled Pixels --

Websites: PHP Programming, MySQL databases ==================================================================

Reply to
Larry Jaques

the "needle" indicates its a Hydroshock bullet or similar design. Its intended to help stablilze the bullet..ie keep it point forwards as the jacket peels back and the lead core expands. Pretty good round. I keep my .45 street guns loaded with them.

Not a bad article. Ive some disagreements with some of his conclusions, based on my own terminal ballistics testing, and viewing a number of shooting reviews and autopsies..but pretty decent.

One example is his usage of 00 buck, which I dislike tremendously. I much rather..and do..use #4 buck in the shotguns.

Shrug..but all in all..not bad. Oh..Federal Nyclad hollowpoints are what I carry in the 38 belly guns, and the .357s, but Federal discontinued them late last year, so finding them is becoming problematic. In the .41 Mag. I carry a SWC hollowpoint of my own design, that seems to be a decent self defense round based on duct seal, water jug and coyote testing.

I might mention that the few 9s I own..are loaded with 124gr Hydroshocks, though I concurr with his statements on other good loads in the Wonder Nine.

Gunner

Gunner Asch

On Mon, 21 Nov 2005 08:16:21 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, Gunner Asch quickly quoth:

Such as not liking the Hydroshock ammo at all?

Surely, in CA, there are stray liberals on which to test. (/Huh? I didn't say that.)

So, what does coyote taste like? You eat your kill, oui?

I'm hoping my P11 will like these Remington JHP rounds. I had a problem with no-name s&w 59 magazines and had to go to prefired factory stainless mags at twice the price (plus paying for return and the $10 CDNN shipping fee, a thing which damnear put me off CDNN for good, the bastids. They are, however, the only place I've see where I could get an 8-shot, pump, 12ga shotgun for $139.)