OT Presidential Succession

Why do so many news agencies report the VP as being 2nd in line and the Speaker as 3rd in line etc.? Last time I checked Obama was still president and 'not in line' makin the VP 1st in line and the Speaker 2nd etc. What am I missing? Ivan Vegvary

Reply to
Ivan Vegvary

The quirks of English. Why are pants and scissors plural but sheep aren't?

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Hillary?

I agree with you that "1st in line" for VP, 2nd for Speaker (plus wherever Alexander Haig fits in) is more correct.

Reply to
Tim Wescott

I before E, except after C, what a weird society.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I'm very happy that I didn't have to learn English as a second language, and am very respectful of those who've had some level of success doing so.

Reply to
rangerssuck