Descon13: Official Voting - Cut-n-Paste Thread

Okay, not enough chatter on the Voting question so we are going ahead with the way it has always been done. The voting scripts are now active.

TWO NOTES:

1) There is an experimental section for ranking. It would be nice to test that out and provide comments

2) There is a summary page where you can cut-n-paste your votes here into RMR and then comment on the various rockets. Some had indicated that wanted that. Your other choice is to simply cut-n-paste the fact that you voted.

Start voting from now until 5/28.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but do not wish to share my choices because I'm hungover.

Reply to
Beanboy

ROFL!

Elaborate... please!

tah

Reply to
hiltyt

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [6] - Dave Virga - TriskaiDESCON Superstitious ThirteenthRoc! 2nd Choice = [5] - Mark Schrader - Dark Comet 3rd Choice = [16] - Tater Schuld - Quad Gnome

Jason

Reply to
Jason Toft

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but do not wish to share my choices.

Nor do I wish to share my ice cream - so there ;p

Reply to
Richard Parkin

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but do not wish to share my choices.

Reply to
Andy M

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but do not wish to share my choices.

- Robert Galejs

Reply to
Robert Galejs

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but do not wish to share my choices.

Reply to
Bob

I have the following comments about the above and other entries:

Reply to
Damian Burrin

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [14] - Steve Kristal - The BerthaVostok 2nd Choice = [12] - Nick Esselman - SpaceLiner 100 3rd Choice = [13] - Darren J Longhorn - Thunderbird 3
Reply to
Louis Schroeder

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but do not wish to share my choices cause I have a cold and am feeling grumpy ;0)

Cheers Mike 8-{>

-- UKRA #1208 L1 EARS # 1118 TRA #3207 L1

-=*=- Gravity is a harsh Mistress -=*=-

-=*=- The Tick -=*=- Remove .co.uk from Reply To: address.

Reply to
Mike Roberts

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [12] - Nick Esselman - SpaceLiner 100 2nd Choice = [9] - Mike Roberts - Egberto Guismonte 3rd Choice = [2] - Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson

I have the following comments about the above and other entries:

SpaceLiner 100: Just way cool - looks and finish Egberto Guismonte: Too phunny! Three-Fin Snelson: Amazing - can't wait to see the HPR version!

The 13 finned rocket was wild. Tons of work went into the ogive nose cone maker. Syringe was cool, very unsusual. I liked the Big Bertha/Vostok, same goes for the Deuce/XL5. Tater's Lander coulda beena contender.

Reply to
Darren J Longhorn

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but no one really cares what I think anyway.

Reply to
JIM

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [2] - Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson 2nd Choice = [9] - Mike Roberts - Egberto Guismonte 3rd Choice = [6] - Dave Virga - TriskaiDESCON Superstitious ThirteenthRoc!

I have the following comments about the above and other entries:

Too many good entries to mention them all.

I *had* to vote #1 for the three-fin Snelson as *the* most unique entry I've seen *ever*. Damned cool idea, that.

2nd place goes to Egberto because, well, it's the sort of thing I would do. How can you *not* like a flying rubber chicken?

The "TriskaiDESCON Superstitious ThirteenthRoc!" was a wonderful case of taking things *way* too far, and it was just right. Good job!

I would have voted for the Ogive Maker if there had been at least an effort made to fly it.... Turning a nose cone in the air would have been a cool bonus! But, saying "it can't fly" just turned me off on the whole entry.... quitter! (tongue firmly in cheek)

All in all, a lot of very cool ideas and very cool rockets. My hat's off to all of you!

- Rick "Hopeful Descon 14 participant" Dickinson

Reply to
Rick Dickinson

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [13] - Darren J Longhorn - Thunderbird 3 2nd Choice = [6] - Dave Virga - TriskaiDESCON Superstitious ThirteenthRoc! 3rd Choice = [2] - Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson

I have the following comments about the above and other entries:

What can you say about that Thunderbird! Wow!

Equally impressive to me, was the theme based and timed TriskaiDESCON... I especially like the paint job.

Robert, what's next? Is there anything you won't make fly?

Honorable Mention:

Tater's Quad Gnome. I like it and would call it a recycled rocket. Reminds me of Chris Taylor's Double Gnome (search EMRR)

I also liked Ellison Lenz Starfighter and it would have drawn more attention from me if painted up and all. Ellison, good entry, start earlier for Descon14.

Jim Myers & Eric Myers get's the "most unique" use of a syringe award.

And lastly, nice engineering on Michel Demey's TURNOGIVE.

It has been fun all.

Nick

Reply to
EMRR

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system, but do not wish to share my choices, nor my toothbrush. My opinions, however, I share whether you want them or not.

First off, I wish we could have voted for more than 3. There were a lot of really great entries that may not get the recognition they deserve.

Dick Stafford - Dick Stafford - Deuce-XL5 Great craftsmanship makes for a great looking rocket. Nice job working the Deuce's Wild twin engines in so that it looks like it should have been part of the original design.

Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson This has got to be the most unusual fin configuration I have ever seen. Even more amazing that it actually flies.

Michel Demey - The TURNOGIVE Beautiful piece of work. Great documentation.

When I saw these three as the first three entries, I wondered how anybody could top them.

Dave Virga - TriskaiDESCON Superstitious ThirteenthRoc! Followed the theme to the extreme.

Mike Roberts - Egberto Guismonte Wacky wacky wacky. And the rubber chicken is funny too.

Nick Esselman - SpaceLiner 100 Challenging design, skillfully built, nicely finished, well documented. Beautiful.

Darren J Longhorn - Thunderbird 3 Everything nice I said about Nick's, only more so.

Steve Kristal - The BerthaVostok Nice use of paper construction to make an interesting chimera.

Jim Myers Eric Myers - Insulin Syringe 6.25 Creative concept, beautifully implemented.

-- Bob Cox

Reply to
Bob Cox

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [2] - Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson 2nd Choice = [13] - Darren J Longhorn - Thunderbird 3 3rd Choice = [14] - Steve Kristal - The BerthaVostok

I have the following comments about the above and other entries:

I think that Darren's T-bird is the best rocket in this contest. However, Robert's is by far the best idea. It's the sort of thing you'd expect from a 1950's or '60's rocket. I'm looking forward to seeing the HPR version. I suspect it will use lots of kevlar cord. ;) Lastly, I just liked the use of paper model parts on the BerthaVostok.

There were many other really good entries. Honorable mentions in my book:

TriskaiDESCON - A lot of work in this one, but a neat idea. TURNOGIVE - very neat idea, and well designed. SpaceLiner 100 - Nicely done, very remeniscent of the heyday of MRN designs. Deuce-XL5 - I liked the idea of print label detail parts. I would have liked to see what the printed sheet looked like.

Mark E. Hamilton NAR #48641-SR ARSA #418

Reply to
Mark Hamilton

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [2] - Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson 2nd Choice = [9] - Mike Roberts - Egberto Guismonte 3rd Choice = [6] - Dave Virga - TriskaiDESCON Superstitious ThirteenthRoc!

I have the following comments about the above and other entries:

  • Being a true lover of unique and new ways to do things the Snelson "had me at hello". Way to go Robert!

  • Also a lover of odd-rockets, a flying ruber chicken is nothing to sneeze at 8^)

  • TriskaiDESCON just tickled my fancy in all the little ways the 13 came through.

  • Turnogive was very nice and great documentation... liked all the CAD work.

Reply to
nOrM Dziedzic

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [2] - Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson 2nd Choice = [13] - Darren J Longhorn - Thunderbird 3 3rd Choice = [12] - Nick Esselman - SpaceLiner 100

I have the following comments about the above and other entries:

Three-Fin Snelson - Originality; a unique idea. Thunderbird 3 - Skill; an awesome project. SpaceLiner 100 - Aesthetics; the one I will probably build.

Reply to
Gary

I voted for the RMR Descon, using the online voting system:

My top (3) were:

1st Choice = [15] - Jim Myers Eric Myers - Insulin Syringe 6.25 2nd Choice = [13] - Darren J Longhorn - Thunderbird 3 3rd Choice = [2] - Robert Galejs - Three-Fin Snelson
Reply to
michel