OT: range report

He has been

No offense, but expert witness are generally hired to say whatever the party paying his fee wants him to say. I do have respect for Ayoob and have read a lot of his work. But without cites, it's opinion, no matter the source. I have been asking this question every time this comes up, and so far no one has ever cited a real court case where handloaded ammunition choice affected the verdict.

Reply to
RBnDFW

Its a good choice..but you already have 45s, right? Now if you WANT a .40...go for it.

Frankly..I dont have one..never saw a need for a .40..but..shrug

Both will, at the worst possible moment, try to kill you, if the chips fall the wrong way.

Which is why I dont carry a .380.....gambling with my life, on the phases of the moon, sunspots and so forth, simply are a bad bet.

Other people...shrug.

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

He has been

Im somewhat aware of the subject....and frankly..Ive never seen a reference to anything actual.

And one would assume the Antis would have trotted out a "horrific shooting using Evil Overpowered Handloads!!" if it had any legitimate use.

Shrug

Gunner

Reply to
Gunner Asch

Gunner Asch on Thu, 27 May 2010 12:28:56 -0700 typed in rec.crafts.metalworking the following:

It was in a graphic novel, but one of the 'bad guys' had the "Witness Be Gone 3000" - obviously, when you were shot with that, there was no problem with penetration. But unfortunately, we don't live in a graphic novel, so, when I shoot someone to stop them, I want them stopped right there, where they are, right now. And as I can't carry Chuck Norris around, that means I need a gun with a cartridge which delivers stopping power. Hollow point BMG - but the recoil is a bitch.

That said, one could get lucky with a 22 short. But do you really want to depend on them cooperating?

pyotr

p.s. many years ago, there was a shooting in Portland Oregon, an attempted robbery. The owner got hit, but continues shooting back. His response after wards was that he'd been shot eight times by the Japanese during the war, one round wasn't going to slow him down now.

Reply to
pyotr filipivich