OT small compressor suggestions

I'm looking for suggestions for which brand/model portable compressor to buy. Primary purpose will be operating a framing nailer or finish nailer. We're looking for easily portable, say pancake or that small 2 tank one at Home Depot. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk

I've owned one of the Campbell Hausfeld "hot dog" compressor that Home Depot sells for about 7 years now. I'm in the remodeling business, so it gets quite a bit of use. It won't run a framing nailer in continuous mode, say, nailing down decking, but is fine for occasional framing or trim nailer use. It's been beat up pretty bad over the years and is still useful. I'm surprised that it has lasted this long.

Gary Brady Austin, TX

Reply to
Gary Brady

Perhaps it's worth mentioning to stay away from the "oilless, direct-drive" pumps. Mine is so noisy it drives me out of the garage when it kicks in. Good luck.

Reply to
John

DeWalt makes one that for a small portable unit is pretty quiet. A finish carpenter had on a jobsite the other day and we could talk while the compressor was running. Not cheap though! Seems to me it has a oil lube pump, 1725 RPM motor. If money was not a problem it would be the one I would get.

one IIRC. Greg

Reply to
Greg O

Thanks We were looking at the Campbell Hausfield and the Dewalt. I know what your talking about. I put on hearing protection when we run the shop compressor. Thanks Karl

Reply to
Karl Vorwerk