OT - trailer siding?

My older enclosed trailer is badly in need of re-covering. I'm embarrassed to be seen towing it. I've checked around for that white-painted aluminum trailer skin, but it was amazingly expensive. Can anyone direct me to a reasonable source for this stuff, or recommend an good alternative?

I'm in the Dallas - Fort Worth area, if you have local recomendations.

thanks for the help!

Rex Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

Sign shop supply houses sell .060 painted aluminum in 4X8 sheets.

HTH- Carl

Reply to
Carl Byrns

How about some flexible fiberglass sheeting? No painting with that. I've seen some thin stuff at plastics suppliers and even the Home Despot-type of joints. The only problem you'd have with it is getting it attached so there's no stress points where cracks might start. Glue it onto the existing aluminum skin for backing, maybe? Just another possibility.

Stan

Reply to
Stan Schaefer

Thanks Brian. Would that be from a roofing supply?

| |I'm not sure of the size, but the guys who install eavestroughs in a |continuous piece use a big "roll" of it. Most of the ones I've seen |are white on one side, and brown on the other. Might work for you. | |Take care. | |Brian Lawson, |Bothwell, Ontario. |XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX |On Mon, 29 Sep 2003 17:36:01 GMT, snipped-for-privacy@REMOVEtxol.net (Rex B) |wrote: | |>

|>My older enclosed trailer is badly in need of re-covering. I'm embarrassed to be |>seen towing it. |>I've checked around for that white-painted aluminum trailer skin, but it was |>amazingly expensive. Can anyone direct me to a reasonable source for this |>stuff, or recommend an good alternative? |>

|>I'm in the Dallas - Fort Worth area, if you have local recomendations. |>

|>thanks for the help! |>

|>Rex |>Rex in Fort Worth |

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B

I've been known to haunt a speed shop or two, though they are a dying breed, and I've yet to see any of that. Maybe at the local dirt track shop? I bet they use that stuff on those IMCA modifieds.

Good suggestion, thanks!

Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B