OT: Transparent tubing for water torch

The metal content is tenuous, but its for a water torch that I use for brazing and welding very small parts. The water torch has something called a "gas booster" which contains a volatile chemical (usually MEK) that gets mixed with the oxy-hydrogen generated by the water torch, and has a transparent flexible tube (3" long,0.25" ID)in it that acts as a sight glass for checking the MEK level. Over the years, this has become opaque, brittle, and is no longer gass tight.

Can anyone suggest a suitable replacement tube please? It must be flexible, transparent, and resistant to chemicals such as MEK.

Reply to
Wooding

Sounds like good old polyethylene. It's dirt cheap and should be no problem to change regularly. My wife is on oxygen and uses 1/4" O.D. poly, She changes canulas every 4-5 days. I use the stuff in the shop. Bugs

Reply to
Bugs

From Tygons site..

You might want to check with Nalgene as well

Ned Simmons

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Thanks. I had a real problem getting some in UK, but Tygon did the job beautifully.

Reply to
Wooding