Reply to
Leon

Here's a couple guesses....

#236 is a bicycle chain breaker #238 is a can opener... used to be "military issue" #240 looks like an O-ring spreader #242 is a disk brake caliper piston retractor tool.

Regards,

Reply to
Sportster4Eva

It's a battery clamp spreader.

Reply to
Steve Mulhollan
243: wire stripper 245: Some sort of ceramic tile spacer ? 246: A small gold slue ? 247: A tool to lift the lid off a cooking pot
Reply to
Puff Griffis
242. The square peg that goes into round holes 243. Wire stripper 244. Colonian Christmas ornament 236. Chain breaker 238. Can opener 240. Hose stretcher
Reply to
Ray

242. Prototype Rubik's Cube. Only popular among auto mechanics. 243. Dunno, but got one in a Burger King Kids' Meal once. 244. Small wedding ring. 245. Logo from a club of seriously brutal nuns. 246. A better mousetrap.
Reply to
B.B.

#242 - disk brake caliper piston retractor tool

- looks like it will crimp banding strap?? #244 - counter weight for a scale?? #245 - a ruler for drafting. It will have different scales on different sides. #246 - possibly for truing wheels?? #247 - looks like the tool for stretching exhaust doughnuts.

Reply to
Mark and Kim Smith

"Puff Griffis" wrote in news:20bFd.532$ snipped-for-privacy@fe39.usenetserver.com:

A sluice, you mean? I don't think it is...at first glance, it might be some sort of dry-washer, but when you look at the additional pictures it's clear it has a bunch of drawers underneath, and I can't see how that be useful to a dry-washer (or a grain winnowing tool, etc).

My guess is it's some sort of artists traveling rig, a combination of a folding easel and tacklebox for paints, brushes, etc.

John

Reply to
John McCoy

These two are correct.

That's not what it was marked, but could be correct. Though what was on the tag is in the same ballpark as your answer.

Reply to
R.H.

Possibly, I'm not sure on this one. The only markings on this tool is the number 10 and the letter V.

Nope.

Reply to
R.H.

Both correct.

Nope

Correct again

Reply to
R.H.

Correct.

Reply to
R.H.

Probably, as I mentioned previously, the number 10 is marked on this tool, possibly for 10 gauge wire or metal plate. I don't have samples of either to see if they fit. Also, this one was found in the same tool box as the crimper in photo #237.

Nope

Not sure...

Nope

Reply to
R.H.

Reply to
Rick Stein

Probably

I don't know what this weight is for...

Both correct.

Nope

Reply to
R.H.

Correct.

I don't know if this is a crimper or a stripper. My initial thought was that it's a crimper but I don't know what it would be used for exactly.

Most likely, but hard to say for sure.

This answer is correct.

Not sure

Nope