OT unsigned title

I'd be willing to bet that the balers didn't like backing up too much, either.

-- Energy and persistence alter all things. --Benjamin Franklin

Reply to
Larry Jaques

I think that M35's reliability is overhyped.

I decided, pretty much, to go the usual route of a semi tractor and some kind of a drive on trailer. This is what serious horse traders seem to use.

Ignoramus31868

Just the baler wasn't much of a challenge, Just the wagon wasn't a whole lot worse, but the combination was MURDER

Reply to
clare

If it was a bankrupsy auction the trustee in banmkrupsy gives you a bill of sale that is equivalent to a signature on the title. Take in the title and the "transfer of title" bill of sale and there should not be a problem transferring (assuming all the information re: title is on the bill of sale and it matches the unsigned title)

Reply to
clare

Try it with a trailer with a bent tongue. Pulled forward OK, but turned to the left when backing up. Had to replace most of the metal to fix that problem.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Like this guy? ;-)

GIVE ME 40 ACRES (TO TURN THIS RIG AROUND) (Earl Green / John William Greene) The Willis Brothers - 1964

He was headin' into Boston in a big, long diesel truck It was his first trip to Boston, he was having lots of luck He was going the wrong direction down a one-way street in town And this is what he said when the police chased him down.

CHORUS: Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around It's the easiest way that I've found ... Some guys can turn it on a dime or turn it right downtown But I need forty acres to turn this rig around.

When he finally found where to unload, he had a dreadful shock His trailer pointed toward the road and his cab right to the dock And as he looked around him through the tears he made this sound Oh, give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around.

CHORUS

When he finally got unloaded, he was glad to leave the town He was very, very happy, headin' back to Alabam' When up ahead he saw a sign, said; "You are Northward bound." He said; "Give me forty acres and I'll turn this rig around."

He was driving down the right lane, when ahead he saw a sign Now he's gotta make a left turn, but he cannot get in line And the tears were streaming down his cheeks and they all heard him yell "Give me forty sticks of dynamite and I'll blow this thing to ... !"

CHORUS

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Complaining about a trailer with a bent tongue is like complaining about a gun with a bent barrel. "would not shoot straight"

Ignoramus27096

It was not bankruptcy, they simply closed the factory and moved it to Mexico.

Ignoramus27096

Thanks for the link- I didn't know they had a web presence.

Kevin Gallimore

Reply to
axolotl

You sound like the guy that told me I didn't know how to back a trailer. I let him try it, and he was a lot worse with it than I was. There was a 10° horizontal bend that pushed it out of line. Try it some time, before you spout off. It was my dad's trailer. he didn't back it up. he uncoupled it and turned it around by hand. It was short and too light weight for what he needed, but he didn't listen when I told him it was a bad trailer and bought it anyway. he didn't let me replace the tounge until it snapped off. Loaded and on a highway. A chuckhole at a stop sign, and the tailgate shot up into the rearview mirror

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Scary!

Ignoramus27096

Done deal, registered without problems.

I almost had a heart attack when I learned that registration fee for a

80,000 lbs plate would be $3k per year. For now, I registered it for a lot less weight just to pay less, until I get a trailer. Then I will know how much registration I need. i
Reply to
Ignoramus27096

No kidding. The only emergecy repair I could make was a handful of

18" 1/2" stainless steel rods and a half dozen large hose clamps too put a splint on the broken 1.5" square tubing, to get it home and unload it. Then I had to haul it at under 20 MPH on some back roads.
Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

How bad did the insurance hurt?????

Reply to
clare

I do not have any insurance... I need to buy Maalox first,,,

Ignoramus27096

te:

In NJ, you can not register a vehicle without proof of insurance.

Reply to
rangerssuck

When you get a trailer, you need to give one of these paint jobs.

Gary A. Gorgen

This is very amazing, I am very impressed. The only problem is that I am looking for a flatbed.

Ignoramus15251

Parades? SPOTTERS!

Your head can't move fast enough, even at 5 MPH - you need help.

You assign the other adult riders to ride out on the running boards, and/or walk alongside the front and rear corners, and give them all police whistles on lanyards or other means of getting your attention.

It's even worse on real parade floats, often the driver is buried deep inside with only a little slot to see out of, or only CCTV cameras and monitors, and a view down to a blue stripe on the street - there's a reason they have spotters walking alongside that are in radio contact with the driver.

And some of the performers on the floats have a "Kill Button" mounted within easy reach (or a toe-tap) if they see a potential catastrophe in progress.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman (munged human

Even with spotters it's not a lot of fun at times.

WALK!!!! WHAT!!!! in a parade .....

Usually I manage to get a couple people to go but half the time it's just 4 people for 2 rigs.

Reply to
Steve W.