Buyers who try to re-negotiate selling price AFTER auction ends -- anyone else have this problem?

Hi everyone,

I'm a semi-experienced eBay seller who has been selling on eBay since

2004, and selling Amazon Marketplace since 2007. I'm a rather eclectic seller who just sells her own old stuff, not any kind of retailer.

So recently, I've gotten a spate of people who try to renegotiate the price AFTER they buy something. One woman bought an item of clothing from me, then claimed that it was "dirty" after she received it and insisted that I refund part of the purchase price to her. As so happened, I had a drycleaning bill for this very item, which I offered to fax to her. No reply, naturally.

This week I sold a gold chain to another buyer, who decided AFTER she won the auction that my shipping fees were too high and demanded a discount. (I didn't give it to her, but she threatened me with negative feedback if I didn't.)

Then just three days later another buyer bought a bottle of perfume from me using Buy It Now, and after I invoiced her, she emailed to say that she only wanted to pay $35 for the item, not the $45 she had agreed upon. I insisted that she pay the price she agreed upon, but she also threatened me with "I'll never do business with you again! I don't see how I can leave positive feedback for you!" if I didn't capitulate.

(As it turns out, most of my sales are one-offs because I sell an eclectic mix of things and almost never stock the same item twice, so threatening to never buy anything from me again isn't much of a threat.)

Yeah, they're bullies just trying to intimidate me into giving them a discount, I know, and I haven't given in to any of them. But does anyone know if sellers have any recourse against people like this? Is this against eBay policy in any way? It would be nice to have a bit of eBay legalese to throw at them when they try to pull this BS.

Cheers, Rose

Reply to
Arcane Rose