CONTEST - what was wrong with this motor?

What was wrong with that motor? No guess is too stupid to be true
(take this as a hint). Answer will be posted in the morning. Winner
will receive a free small piece of A2 tool steel, free shipping.
Ignoramus26960
Am I warm about the starting cap being replaced by something strange? Was it a relay in an aluminum can? A tiny electrolytic capacitor? a can of red bull?
If not, then they must have plugged the ventillation holes to keep the dust out.
Reply to
anorton
My guess on the motor is a broken wire. But the ebay ad would scare me away from this buyer, therefore, I think the ad is the thing that is wrong with the motor. "Comes from a non-smoking household?" He's kidding, right?
Steve
Reply to
Steve B
Ignoramus26960 wrote in news:TrydnVB0PdsZmBvWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:
The seller tried to run it on 120V.
Reply to
RAM³
Everyone had great guesses on dumb things that a motor owner could do or overlook.
Unfortunately, no one guessed right.
The motor was "not running" because the reset button on it was in a popped position.
What was "wrong" with the motor was that the RESET button on the motor needed to be pressed. Once I pressed the RESET button, the motor ran like a champ.
Ignoramus2215
OK, here are a few stupid ones: - nothing at all - wiring harness not connected to motor - blown start cap - connected to a 120V supply
Reply to
Doug Miller
I already posted the answer. "Nothing at all" is the closest answer. It had a RESET button that needed to be pressed.
Ignoramus2215
I can believe that, I was once given a delta radial arm saw because the reset button needed pressing.
basilisk
Reply to
basilisk
I was looking at an all aluminum pneumatic pogo stick at a yard sale, wondering if it was cheap enough, was it worth buying for the material. I was told it was a freebie because it didn't work anymore, and that certainly made it worth taking home. But once home, I couldn't resist pumping up the air chamber. That's all that was wrong with it, either it leaked down or someone bled the air. My kids had a lot of fun with it...
Jon
Reply to
Jon Anderson
Ignoramus2215 wrote in news:3oadnaHaArcY8RvWnZ2dnUVZ snipped-for-privacy@giganews.com:
Why had it popped?
That's what "the problem" was...
Reply to
RAM³
10 bucks, okay, but 24 bucks shipping hoping for a lucky break. Was this a local pick up item? I'm trying to figure out how clairvoyant you are when bidding.
Wes

Site Timeline