what the heck is this tool?

I've put a mystery tool kit up for auction on ebay, but I don't have a clue what it's for - well, I do have "a clue" in that it has a western electric logo on it.

perhaps one of you smart folks has an idea what this is for? here is the link

thanks for your help (oh, and if you want it, of course feel free to bid, but what I want right now is a clue as to what I am selling)

thanks

Reply to
william_b_noble

The largest piece looks like a Pop-rivet gun, so that's what I think the kit is for. What's missing are the rivets themselves.

Reply to
Thomas Kendrick

It is a crimper for the mass termination plugs used in PBX systems.

Gary

Reply to
Gary Coffman

Put your bid in now. Its only for 3 days.

my 2 cents

Reply to
xman Charlie

thanks, that makes sense, I guess, but what are the wedges and stuff for? why is there a container of small diameter tubes? what are the thin plastic things for? so many questions.... I suppose it's obsolete, unless you happen to have one of whatever PABX it's used on (any clue?)

Reply to
william_b_noble

I haven't used one, I've only seen the phone guys with them, so I don't know the answers to your questions.

Gary.

Reply to
Gary Coffman