Ebay pooched my Auctions!

As a seller and occasional buyer on eBay since 1998 I am proud of my 100% positive FB rating. I leave FB when I ship my items, which I do on the first business day after getting paid, (when possible) I then inform the buyer of the tracking numbers from UPS ground.

Having said that, I will add that some categories will naturally be more prone to attract more scams and flakes both bidding and selling than others, and result in more neg/neutral feedback.

One downside of sniping is that the seller has no opportunity to review the buyer's history untill after the auction has ended...And personally, I like to see if an item is going to sell, but that's jsut me. Hypothetical situation... Seller ships UPS and doesn't take Paypal and says so in his/her auction.

Newbie buyer (ya gotta love 'em) with sniping program sees auction, wants item really, really bad but doesn't read the entire auction, wins item and pays with Paypal, has a PO box for his/her shipping address. What is the seller to do..?

Side note about UPS shipping. I sent an item out around Sept 6th. 2001 to an address in NYC via UPS ground, left the feedback, and sent the notification of being shipped. I never heard anything back, so just after the 9-11 disaster I tracked the package and found that it had been delivered on 9-12!.. Well that piqued my curiosity so I looked up a map of the address and found that it was within

2 blocks of ground zero!

...granpaw

"I'd druther be scalped by a blackfoot as skun by a dam nabob!".. D.Sommers 1835

Reply to
granpaw

...and your point is?

I saw noth> As a seller and occasional buyer on eBay since 1998 I am proud of my 100%

Reply to
Rex B

Rex B wrote in news: snipped-for-privacy@corp.supernews.com:

snip Well s'cuse me, my bad...I was putting in my two cents about the feedback rating system that this thread had degenerated into previously, and being as how it is already way off topic for this NG I thought I'd add some of my own without throwing flames...oops..did too flame someone dam nabobs!

granpaw

Reply to
granpaw

You on drugs?

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

No, but the subject line was changed like it was a new thread. I had not read the prior thread.

Reply to
Rex B

Please notice that there is no one here appointed to keep track of such things. This is not a moderated group where a moderator prereads everything, and decides what is worthy of publishing. It's a free for all. You can't jump in on the middle of something and expect to know what's going on. And you will just step on your own dick if you start correcting people. It's called NetCop, NetNazi or Netnanny, and is resented by most. It's good to lurk a bit and get the gist.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Look, I've been on this NG for years, don't lecture me about etiquette. Speaking of which, it's customary to include enough of the original post so that people coming along later know what your are talking about. And You don't start a new thread with a snippet from an old one. End of "discussion"

Reply to
Rex B

Uh, you forgot to sign your name.

Steve ;-)