OT: usenet group for router questions

Anyone have a tip on what group to use?
Wes

A while back, I asked all over on how to protect my cnc machines from the internet but still have a LAN to download Gcodes etc. to them. Got nothing useful till I posted right here on RCM.
Karl

I bought a linksys wrt54gs to get wireless going when my asus wl500deluxe turned out to be brain dead as far as wireless. The Dlink doesn't do wireless. I guess I could expose all ports to the dlinkk and get the linksys working in combination.
My Dlink and my Asus would do port translation (this port to that port) and you could assign ip addresses to specific mac addresses. This router does neither afaikt. I'm runnin version 7.0x. Wished I had one that would run openwrt or dd-wrt.
Wes
That's what the WRT54GL is for - running a 3rd-party software configuration. Similar in price to the GS.

nothing
turned out to be

could expose all

and you could

afaikt. I'm

Gosh, before I read the reply I had assumed that you were referring to a router used for woodworking.
--
Roger Shoaf

No, those are a Hitachi and a PC. ;)
Wes wrote: