OT We do not torture

It probably was a cheap shot but the claim that "I was in Vietnam" usually gets me. After all I was there too, and in Korea too, for that matter, but that doesn't make me an expert on anything - except maybe that Vietnamese women are more beautiful then Korean :-) Cheers,

Bruce (bruceinbangkokatgmaildotcom)

Reply to
Bruce In Bangkok

Gag!

If that last sentence is true, then you have been in the Orient WAY too long. That, or Korean women are at the bottom of the scrotum pole list?

Now Bangkok? That's a whole different place!

Reply to
cavelamb

Homeland security; just chalk that up as another error on the part of the Bush administration. Was creating a gigantic bloated agency responsible for way too much the thing to have done? Most people would say no, it was a mistake of overreaching by a wide margin. But like everything this administration did in it's anti terror war it always went too far. It always evaluated every threat as a dire one and always thought that going overboard was the correct policy. As we all know, getting excited and going off half cocked is always wrong. Unfortunately, Bush and Co. went off half cocked and half competent time and time again. What a relief that miserable excuse for a leader is finally on the way out. Maybe this time we'll get someone who can do the job properly. That would be a refreshing change.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

I think that you are getting the consummate politician. The chap that will always say the right thing; the thing that the people want to hear. Whether he will accomplish anything is another question. Only time will tell.