Crawford Collets 1580

I have a number of Crawford 1580 collets in very good condition. Can anyone tell me what lathes these were made for?

Reply to
John B

Well some of the collets I used in my Lorch-Schmidt lathe are marked 1580. Are they 12.5mm diameter shank?

Similar collets were made by Lorch and Hardinge.

If you are thinking of selling, let me know (email address as in the posting) as I have some gaps in my set which I would be pleased to fill !

Alan

Reply to
Alan Bain

They are 12.5mm dia. What model of Lorch lathe uses them?

They are for sale now on eBay under Lorch Collest

John

Reply to
John

Alan,

I have 12 - 1/32, 1/16, 3/32, 1/8, 5/32, 3/16, 7/32, 1/4, 9/32, 5/16,

11/32, 3/8

They are in very good condition.

I'm not a member of Polytechforum so i can't see you email address. You can contacty me via ebay.

Regards

John

Reply to
John Baldwin