mystery collets Crawford 5245

I have aa set of collets made by Crawford that have the number 5245 stamped on them. I checked the Crawford website, google searched the number but have come up with nothing on them. They look almost like a

4C collet but are different. I'm cleaning up the shop and found them in a box on the shelf. I have no idea where they came from.

tia

John

Reply to
John

That will be my next step if no one here knows what they are.

John

Reply to
John

Maybe this will help?

"I'm not grown up enough to be so old!"

Reply to
Keith Marshall

Thanks for the info.

I just looked at the thread more closely. It is a buttress thread and it looks like its 15 tpi. with a major diameter of 25 mm I think the

5245 number is the DIN number of the collet but I can't find it listed anywhere. I believe it is a metric collet for a European manufactured machine.

John

Reply to
john

Did you consider mailing Crawfords and asking?

Tom

Reply to
Tom