Bristol Erickson Acramill collets

I'm on the lookout for a collet or two for this nasty design of a holder, and that easily lost screw lock bit, one that takes a 12mm slot drill and a

1/2" one initially.

Did Clarkson ever make a QC 30 holder?

I have plenty of 40INT, MT2/3, 30INT clarkson chucks/collets and wonder if a chuck is available in QC 30 that would take them. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Might have something let me a have a look

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

I'm pretty sure they do exist, identifiable by the cylindrical body having a groove for the QC locking ring. Maybe you could modify your 30int chuck, if the cylinder OD is about right?

Cheers Tim

Tim Leech

There are some QC30 to ER collet chucks but they are like hens teeth. I'm working on getting a batch imported but it won't be a short term option, probably second quarter 2007.

-- Regards,

John Stevenson Nottingham, England.

John Stevenson

Didn't think of that, worth a look and a measure, but still would like to source a Clarkson in QC30 Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Yes they do do clarkson autolock 30int collet chucks on ebay

but they attract a lot of bids ...and you would probably end up paying more than =A330 for one .

30 international DA collet chucks are from =A35 - =A316 depending on how lucky you are

I held out over months and got several for under =A37 and a 180 piece set of DA collets for =A390

bristol acramill collet chucks are around =A312 with no collets ...and up to =A340 with a set of four collets ...either metric or imperial...make sure you have the lock washers

brand new QC30-ER32-060 ER STYLE COLLET CHUCKs available from Cromwell for =A356.46 inc

Charles... good man ...gave me his spare lock washers some months back.

I'm eternally grateful ....thanks Charles

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

John Stevenson wrote: There are some QC30 to ER collet chucks but they are like hens teeth. I'm working on getting a batch imported but it won't be a short term option, probably second quarter 2007.

QC30-ER32-060 ER STYLE COLLET CHUCK IND-144-2746K =A356.46/ea.=20

mark

btw the pic is wrong on this above, what you will actually get is the right qc30 with er32 abilty

Reply to
mark

btw the pic is wrong on this above, what you will actually get is the right qc30 with er32 abilty

I was trying to figure out that one........... Are ER collets any good? I'm so used to Clarkson collets.......... bob

Reply to
Emimec

Only got a spare 1/2" backing plate but no collet. Probably not much use

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Charles, It is of use, its a start in the right direction, and I will gladly take it from you. Advise me of postage and item costs. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob

Email me your postal address and I'll pop it in the post. It's not worth worrying about money for it but if you know of a cheap Hiab man (or have a hefty gantry I can borrow) then tell me!

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping