Wanted - Bristol Erickson Acramill collet chuck

I'm after a Bristol Erickson "Acramil" collet chuck in 30INT Did they make them?

All suggestions welcome

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

yeah ...sure did ... you kindly gave me a couple of locking rings from them

dont you remember charles ..

all the best.mark

Reply to
mark

I can probably find a spare one if its the QC 30 type used on Bridgeports. If its the 30int type, that will take a bit of digging, cant remember if I sold all the 30int stuff. Bob

Reply to
Emimec

I remember the locking rings - I just wasn't sure if BE made a 30int version. Since I now know they did make one all I need to do is find one!

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Bob

It's the 30Int type, not the QC 30. Please starting digging!

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

First job of the morning............. would a Clarkson be acceptable if found? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Very acceptable - I have more collets for the BE but if Clarkson is what's available then I won't say no!

Thanks

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Surely QC30 is useable in 30 int? Mine are, I have both spindles & have no trouble using the QC stuff in either.

Tim

Reply to
Tim Leech

I've done a bit of Googling and found this from Practical Machinist:

So QC30 fits 30Int but not the other way round. Since I'm looking for something for 30Int spindle QC30 would do just fine

Regards

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

Hi Charles I have a QC 30 Acramill chuck. The drawbar thead appears to be 12mm. No sign of the Clarkson, must have flogged it on ebay. Any help? Bob

Reply to
Emimec

Bob

I've sent you an email.