Student

Would sks be able to tell me the footprint dimensions of a Colchester Student 1800 please

thanks

Reply to
Roland Craven

On or around Wed, 29 Nov 2006 00:48:35 -0000, "Roland Craven" enlightened us thusly:

I can measure the MkI student - I doubt it's much different. How accurate do you want it? It's very roughly 5ft by 2ft 6in, but that's without measuring.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

Thanks Austin That's near enough.

regards Roland

Reply to
Roland Craven

You can get the whole RH Student manual here:

Charles

Reply to
Charles Ping

news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com...

Roland,

From the manual the 1800 Student has an overall footprint of 43 3/8" x

93 5/8" allowing for splash guard and cross slide handle in the depth, and leadscrew and motor removal in the width. The leadscrew removal adds 18" to width at the tailstock end, and the motor removal adds 13" to the headstock end. The 25" between centres machine machine weighs 1770 lbs and the 40" machine weighs 1850 lbs. Oddly the foundation plan doesn't differentiate between the two bed lengths.

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

Thanks to Charles and Andrew Should it happen I now know it will fit in the trailer and through the door. However it will mean a shuffle round and something will have to be evicted :-(. Probably a large (7' tall) old drill that Tom ID'd as a White. There will almost certainly be more (dumbish) questions if it arrives....

regards

Reply to
Roland Craven

arrives....

message >

removal

weighs

Well worth it though - very nice machines when in good nick

AWEM

Reply to
Andrew Mawson

On or around Thu, 30 Nov 2006 06:43:22 +0000, Charles Ping enlightened us thusly:

oooh, handy. I've been hunting that.

Mind, it'll not cover the one the OP was on about, as it seems to be for the Mk 1.

Reply to
Austin Shackles

On or around Sat, 02 Dec 2006 20:16:50 +0000, Austin Shackles enlightened us thusly:

or, to be more accurate, Mk 1½.

Reply to
Austin Shackles