Not a lot said

Gentlemen,

I disappear for a week and come home thinking that there would be plenty to read of interest, Oh dear what has gone wrong, boring!

Come on you lot lets talk engines etc.

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

In message , campingstoveman writes

Martin, While you have been sunning yourself in Italy 8-), we have been working and getting pi**ed on from a great height in a howling gale.

Reply to
George Hendry

Too busy!

Changed the front discs and pads on the van this week, 108,000 miles for the discs from new, better than the rears which only did about 55,000. Third set of front pads. Took and hour, probably because it was brass monkey outside and I was b;**dy cold! :-))

Just scanning pages for the website tonight, a couple of brochures by the Vacuum Oil Co of New York on compressors and hot bulb engines. Mainly to do with lubrication but a lot of interesting detail on construction and operation, both dated 1920's.

Hope to pass 6000 pages on the website this week, building up a bit of a backlog now, still got to finish the Lucas magneto stuff I started a few weeks ago...

Carlisle on Thursday or Friday, then a weekend off. We are in work tomorrow and hoping to start the factory move next week.

Peter

Peter A Forbes

One persons boring is another persons peacefull :-)

John

Reply to
John

Borderway machinery auction perchance? Thursday. Last one was flippin' depressing. Small tools line's been crap for months (not to mention more stuff getting nicked than sold). Too many optimistic reserves in the main line too. I'm picking up floor tiles just outside Carlisle, so I'll still probably nip in and have a look... Anybody go to the Hexham vintage sale? I got sidetracked by house rennovations and forgot about it. Last years one wasn't bad. Just sitting watching my less than bright neighbour pulling out about =A3500 worth of dead Swedish Super Willow staves. Told him that planting in August wasn't a good idea... Oh well, what do I know (admiring the acre and a half of willow coppice on MY side of the road lol) Cheers, Scruff. PS it has been rather quiet in here of late, hasn't it?

Reply to
scruffybugger

Thought for the day, "if all the cars in the world lined up one after the other there would still be the idiot trying to overtake twenty at a go"

Martin P

Reply to
campingstoveman

Hazel & me went out this morning to buy her a "new" car. We looked at Nissan Micras as she's had an F reg one for three years without problems & is looking for the same but newer.

Found a red three door on an S plate 50,000 £1,350.00. Very interested in this one, but the oil barely covered the end of the dipstick & obviously hadn't been changed for many thousands of miles. No SH.

Maroon metallic three door on a P plate 57,000 £1,300.

Purple five door on a P plate for £1,050. Very nearly bought it too until I noticed the mileage was 94,000. Lots MOT's etc.

So despondently home for tea & a sandwich.

I don't suppose there is anyone here with a decent Micra for sale??

Regards,

J. Kim Siddorn, Regia Anglorum

This e-mail and attachments are intended for the named addressee only and the information in this message and/or attachments may contain protected health, legally privileged, or otherwise confidential information. If you, the reader of this message, are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that you may not further disseminate, distribute, disclose, copy or forward this message or any of the content herein. If you have received this E-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the original.

Any views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender and may or may not indicate the established policy of Regia Anglorum. It is the society's principal to rely solely upon hard copy communications in dealing with contractual matters.

This computer is protected with daily updated anti-viral software, but it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure their incoming mail is virus-free.

Reply to
Kim Siddorn

Driving a Vauxhall Vivaro / Renault Trafic no doubt?? :-))

Peter

Prepair Ltd

No, delivering to Direct Rail Services, they have a lot of new stuff on order from us at present, 3 chargers going up this month and another three next.

Peter

Prepair Ltd

Borderway machinery auction perchance? Thursday. Last one was flippin' depressing. Small tools line's been crap for months (not to mention more stuff getting nicked than sold). Too many optimistic reserves in the main line too. I'm picking up floor tiles just outside Carlisle, so I'll still probably nip in and have a look... Anybody go to the Hexham vintage sale? I got sidetracked by house rennovations and forgot about it. Last years one wasn't bad. Just sitting watching my less than bright neighbour pulling out about £500 worth of dead Swedish Super Willow staves. Told him that planting in August wasn't a good idea... Oh well, what do I know (admiring the acre and a half of willow coppice on MY side of the road lol) Cheers, Scruff. PS it has been rather quiet in here of late, hasn't it?

Reply to
Martin Hirst