OT-Why your getting Nuked

?President Obama, After Traveling With Naked Scanner CEO, Defends Naked Scans from the well,-look-at-that... dept As the whole mess with the TSA scanners has received a lot more attention in the last week or so, a few folks are noticing that ex-Homeland Security boss Michael Chertoff, who's been quite busy defending the naked scanners, happens to be making a ton of money from one of the main ones, Rapiscan, made by OSI, a client of Chertoff's consulting firm. Of course, similar concerns were brought up a year ago when Chertoff was busy promoting the scanners, but it appears that many in the mainstream press continue to highlight his old Homeland Security title, while downplaying his current role making money from seeing those scanners sold.

By Tom Dennen, the paranoid historian (Editor) Friday, November 19, 2010 7:14

IT'S ALL ABOUT THE MONEY by Tom Dennen

Russia Today points out an important detail being left out of most mainstream media reports about the new body scanning devices being rolled out in airports everywhere: former Department of Homeland Security Chief, Michael Chertoff, who has been advocating this technology on any news program that will have him is personally profiting from their implementation. As a Security Consultant and Chairman of the Chertoff Group, one of his main clients is Rapiscan, a manufacturer of these devices.

Looks like bin laden got us to nuke ourselves.

Best Regards

Tom.

Reply to
azotic

Whatever happened to "We won't let this change us.", which was stated just after 9/11? I was extremely proud of that statement.

-- Experience is a good teacher, but she send in terrific bills. -- Minna Thomas Antrim

Reply to
Larry Jaques

It's just a small thing, but it's not "your". It's "you are" and the contraction is "you're". "Why you're getting nuked." Not trying to be a prick, but this common and easy to make mistake really bugs me.

Garrett Fulton

Reply to
Garrett Fulton

If enough people protest, travel will come to a crawl or standstill. We'll see. I don't know how my body scan would look with all the wires I have inside me. They will probably instantly draw down on me and body slam me. That's okay, I need the money. There will be more and more of these isolated instances of travelers with peculiar medical conditions, and the ambulance chasers will be right behind, glad to file suit for a third of the settlement. I wonder if I wore a burqua and claimed to be a gay Muslim if I would be excluded...................... It's worth a try.

Steve

Heart surgery pending? Read up and prepare. Learn how to care for a friend. http://cabgbypasssurgery

Reply to
Steve B

=A0 -- Minna Thomas Antrim- Hide quoted text -

Isn't this how we define the victory of the terrorists? They've got us afraid of our own shadows, fer crissakes. In the meantime, while we're frisking little old ladies in airports, how many gazillion tons of cargo goes completely unexamined on container ships?

If I read the chart right, something like 344 million tons through the Panama canal in 2009.

Reply to
rangerssuck

You think that's frustrating - try apostrophes! =:-O

Cheers! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Well , they *are* the crux of the biscuit you know !

Reply to
Snag

I go to the local airport every day and get a free grope. I have my favorite TSA people to wait in line for. They are very thorough and those skilled, magic fingers always please! The trick is to cut-out shapes of guns and knives from metallic furnace tape and stick them all over my naked body. That assures that I get "special attention". My favorite is metal lettering that reads: "If you can read this, you're looking at my ass." They keep wondering why I never actually board a plane.

Reply to
Libtardopia Lost

What are you wearing under your burqua?

Reply to
Tom Gardner

Wearing a kilt commando style is the only way to fly.

Best Regards Tom.

Reply to
Howard Beal