OT: World's Largest Clock

Okay, clocks are mechanical so this is metalworking... But beyond the size of this mechanism, is the effort to do something else...

Interesting...

Reply to
Chet

Millions for foreign-built clocks but not one cent for anything that will take the place out of the third world when the oil runs out.

The Middle East may end up a valuable resource for movie companies in a hundred years or so when those grandiose cities become ghost towns.

Reply to
J. Clarke

Greenwich may be far away and in another country, but at least I'm pretty confident that I'd be welcome if I showed up there.

Not so Mecca:

The entire city is 'haram' for non-Muslims.

Reply to
Spehro Pefhany

the place out of the third world when the oil runs out.

hundred years or so when those grandiose cities become ghost towns.

Not like in the US, where we've used our economic might to:

  • Crush organized crime
  • Remove the causes of poverty and hopelessness
  • Vanquish the teaching of 'Creationism' and other anti-scientific nonsense
  • Legalize truth, outlawing medical 'gag' orders
  • Turn our auto manufacturing 180°; producing the world's best quality vehicles
  • Imprison murderers and fraudsters in *all* tax brackets

USA! USA!

No... wait....

--Winston

Reply to