Outhouse Contest

Thanks. I live in Las Vegas. Are you coming here any time soon? ;-)

My list is growing and growing. It looks like I will have to make it pretty structurally sound just to hold up the weight.

Half of the fun is going to be going out and scrounging this stuff from yard sales, RV boneyards, flea markets, and the side of the road.

I will post a list soon of what has been suggested.

This is going to be fun.

Steve

Reply to
SteveB

How about a shelf for a laptop? This IS the 21st Century you know...

Gunner

Gunner Asch

How about a couple of the spun aluminium exhaust fan housings that look somewhat like jet engine housings - that should trigger some interesting discussions. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I live in a small Texas town in a 100 year old house. The original outhouse is still there, and is a two holer. The interesting part is that it does not go into the ground, but is built on top of a slab. It has a tray that is pulled out from the side, and according to my Aunt, the city came around and emptied it once a week. Anybody else seen one like that?

Reply to
tomd

Straight pipes.

Reply to
B.B.

Yup! back home in the mid '40s, an enterprising guy had a Model "A" coupe with the rumble seat removed and a tipable box tank in it's place - looked much like a short version of thepick-um-up version exploder. He filled it by hand, but had a bumper jack dump mechanism. Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Run an electric cord out of the seat , mount a receptacle on the wall near by . A small LED count down timer with wires running under everything that triggers as soon as anyone plugs in the cord . Should see some short visits followed by a rather brisk walk to get clear . Ken Cutt

Reply to
Ken Cutt

LOL. I was gonna say, run an electric cord *to* the seat, and install a few power resistors on the underside.

Nothing like a warm seat on a cold day. :)

Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

I have a friend who did this once...

Reply to
Pete Bergstrom

Was that side-by-side, or double-decker, for the two-holer?

Pete, I haven't forgotten about those coins. Everything is sorted, I just need to do some sorting so I can do the 'picks' to get you guys a nice starter set.

Dave

Reply to
Dave Hinz