Pacemaker

Sometime ago someone on this site was fitted with a device similar to a pacemaker although I think it might have had a different function then the normal pacemaker I believe it was the same sort of device - main unit under the skin at the upper chest and wire(s) running to the heart.

I remember that whoever it was did a lot of testing with shop tools to see whether it bothered their device and posted quite a bit of information here.

As I have just been fitted with a pacemaker I am very interested in how various power tools might effect it. Say, 4 inch hand grinder, electric drills, electric belt sanders, welding machines, both stick and TIG, and any of the other usual shop tools.

I have talked to the pacemaker people, i.e., Boston Scientific, and while they do publish a list of tools and recommended use, when talking to them they seem a bit vague and I thought it useful to talk to someone that had actually been there and done that.

Any information will be most gratefully received.

Reply to
John B.

Was that Don Foreman?

If so, he has not posted here for quite a long time.

Reply to
Perry

Yep, it seems it was Don.

googling turned up a number of hits on metal workers welding with pacers.

Reply to
Perry

I had a bit of experience in that field but quickly realized I didn't want my name associated with any published test results. Sorry, I don't volunteer as shark bait.

-nm7351

Reply to
Jim Wilkins