Painting over anodize?

Go to Pep Boys. They don't do many things well, but they have a dozen automotive colors from DupliColor premixed in quarts. Might have a Candy Apple Red Metallic, that's kinda popular for DIY.

They mix it up 1000 gallons or more at a time, then package it into cans on a filling line.

-->--

Reply to
Bruce L. Bergman

I've taken about four of them over my life, starting in 5th grade and ending with an employment test around six or seven years ago. Mine were remarkably consistent. I thought the last one would show evidence of decline, but it actually was the highest.

Ah, well, we'll never match Gunner. I hear he tested at 157. Or maybe he said 154. He probably turned down his invitations to the Glia Society and Iquadrivium. They were beneath him. d8-)

I'll be sure to look into it if I ever spray two-part polyurethane. I was discouraged by the air systems they recommend. More junk in the shop, and a lot of money.

Regarding your reaction to epoxy, do you remember if it was always that way, or if the problem built up over years of exposure? You can get an accumulative reaction to epoxy to the point where you can't touch CURED epoxy without developing a rash.

At one time I used quite a lot of it, and it always worried me. I was always careful with the stuff when laminating with it, using respirators and gloves, etc.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 07:05:13 -0400, the infamous Joe scrawled the following:

Hey, at least it's no in Chinglish. Plus, we know that all ad writers like to make their product attractive to every possible viewer, hence the serious contraditions in the text.

P.S: Why are "heavy duty" batteries the absolute worst on the market?

-- Good intentions will always be pleaded for every assumption of authority. It is hardly too strong to say that the Constitution was made to guard the people against the dangers of good intentions. There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters. --Daniel Webster

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Candy Apple Red Metallic would look good on my server rack, with the custom built eggshell white server cases. :)

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

They are 'heavy Duty' Carbon Zinc, AKA 'flashlight' batteries'. They are exactly what you want to buy when you need heavy duty crap.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

[ ... ]

You mean that there really *is* still a source for zinc-carbon D cells? I've wanted them as sources of carbon rods from time to time.

Enjoy, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

DoN, if you are looking for graphite rods, I can send you a few from my stock. A bit larger than the ones from D-cells, these are about 5" long and 1" dia. Contact me privately if you're interested.

Best -- Terry

Reply to
Terry

Michael A. Terrell

[ ... ]

Thanks -- but those are a bit large for the purpose, so I'll skip them. (And since we are not organizing a transfer of things, I'll stick it here so you know that I've seen it, and others know that I have responded.

Thanks, much, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

Have you checked with the local welding supplies store? My office opens onto a fab shop, and they use carbon electrodes in their "air arc". They strike an arc and blow compressed air through it. I think it might be called "gouging". It blows away a LOT more metal than OA cutting does.

Good Luck! Rich

Reply to
Rich Grise

Thanks -- next time I need them I'll check there. Since I don't (yet) have welding equipment (other than a bandsaw blade welder) I don't get to the welding supply place very often.

Thanks again, DoN.

Reply to
DoN. Nichols

There is a time and a place for Carbon Zinc and other batteries.

  1. when the voltage is really needed to be 1.5v and not 1.25 or .... and that is about the only reason.

Lots of meters regulate on 1.5v and can't range with other batteries.

Mart> >>> Larry Jaques wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn