Pardon Lottery

Funny:

All the anonymous trollers do not seem to have a "credfibility" problem on which they are being called out!!!!

I just want the newsgroup to return to its original intent - metalworking.

There are plenty of political newsgroups available for the B.S. that is being posted here...

Problem is that MOST normal people have no interest in going over to the political newsgroups to swap insults, so the trollers - tired of saying "Oh, YEAH!" to each other - bring their tripe here to a larger audience in hopes of getting thei agendas accepted.......

Reply to
*

Robert Swinney wrote in article ...

So, you're of the opinion that ANY newsgroup - regardless of its title and intent - should be subject to being overwhelmed by political debate????

Why even bother giving the newsgroups titles?

Don't look at my sig........

Look at what I'm saying.....

John Q. Public

aka " * "

Reply to
*

Actually * is right on the money with this one. This is OT political trolling. In your defense, the only thing missing is the multiple crossposting.

Vaughn

Reply to
Vaughn Simon

"*" wrote>

Ok, *, you got anything to say about metalworking, before your plonked ?

Reply to
Tom Wait

Tom Wait wrote in article ...

I already have, numb nuts!!!

Oh, NO!....NOT the extreme social embarassment of being "plonked".........Will this hurt my credit rating???? My work status???

Reply to
*

Good. I have a feeling we're all going to need one in good working order for some time.

Reply to
Ned Simmons

Vaughn you're right.

Anyway, even gunner mostly doesn't do the crosspost thing anymore. Yeah, we have the * idiot who seems to be as bad as the cliffster in that regard, but those two are the worst.

Honestly I used to try to split the middle ground on rcm, but things got so bad I gave up. So now I lurk and make the occasional technical post. Once in a while the political situation in the US simply overwhelms and I feel obligated to comment. So in that regard you are 100% right. You can bundle me in there with gunner and I couldn't disagree.

Regards Jim

Reply to
jim rozen

jim rozen wrote in article ...

Vaughn Sim>

Geez!

Exc-u-u-u-se me for wanting to go onto a metalworking newsgroup to talk METALWORKING - of all things! - without having to wade through dozens of off-topic, political bullschidt threads that aren't even marked "OT"...

Just because I'm able to go onto several technically-oriented message boards that manage to stay on-topic, I MUST be absolutely bonkers to expect a usenet newsgroup that is marked "metalworking" to be mostly about, er...., well....., metalworking!!!! .......

....not political debate.

What was I thinking?????

Should I go to rec.radical.politics to discuss the merits of three-way machines versus individual lathes and millers?

Could somebody, PLEASE?, send me a translated newsgroup subject matter list??

Since the political discussions are, obviously, here on rec.crafts.metalworking, where are the metalworking threads?

I am, obviously, an unrealistic dreamer to think this way, and I MUST be some sort of rabblerouser to even express my thoughts.....

........after all, doesn't the term "metalworking" stir up the most powerful of political urges in everybody???

Yep.....I must be the one who is screwed up!?!?!?!?!?

Reply to
*
  • wrote: snip rubbish. PLONK!
Reply to
Ken Davey

Plonk.

Reply to
Peter Wiley

I have been plonking the regular flatulating gasbag politicos. Feeding their flatulence is what they crave, and when they don't get it, they go under another bridge.

Steve

Reply to
Steve B

Ditto, tho I usually just do it silently. Killfiling OT threads also, as a rule but it seems some of my filters have expired.

PDW

Reply to
Peter Wiley

Why would the most ethical White House in history need pardons? I thought pardons were only for presidents like Clinton with corrupt administrations.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

John Edwards and Mitt Romney.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke

Yet for some inexplicable reason you continue to participate in the political debates.

Hawke

Reply to
Hawke