Pencil question

Based on the formula, I'm well over 100 years old. Can you phrase it a different way? :-)

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

OK, with both of you being enthusiastic, I downloaded it to try it out. I'll get to it this weekend.

Thanks.

-- Ed Huntress

Reply to
Ed Huntress

We are much in the same boat with a FEW exceptions, one being that mine deals in "Uncle Logic". Anti logic being the direct opposite of logic, "Uncle Logic" moves into another dimension (we will celebrate our 47th. anniversary Sept. 08). Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

You must be in worse shape than I! Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I'm interested in your reaction.

Notice how your mouse cursor changes from a voltage probe to a current probe during simulation, depending on where you place it on the part. Click to take a reading and the results show up on an oscilloscope - type display.

LTSpice lets you create definitions for simulation measurements using the Expression Editor. You can, for instance dynamically calculate power in R1, for example by editing it's current reading from: 'I(R1)' to: 'I(R1)*(V(n002)-V(n001))' where the voltages are taken from each side of R1 to ground. Notice how LTSpice automagically changes the display from 'amps' to 'watts'! :)

You can copy the equation and paste it into your schematic as a comment, so it is handy for future simulations when you paste it back into the Expression Editor.

Super Nifty.

--Winston

Reply to
Winston

You've lost me with the "uncle logic"---can't decide if that's good or bad, but it sounds like you, too, have a keeper. Congrats on your upcoming anniversary. Ours is this Saturday---32 years.

I put in 14 years with my ex, which was a very long sentence.

This gal makes my ex look like the a shrew of the worst description. I learned that a guy shouldn't get married until he has dated a few gals to get to know the difference in women. She was the only gal I dated from the time I was a senior in high school until we got married, five years later. Biggest mistake of my life. You'd think I would have recognized her for what she was, but you can't see the forest for the trees when you're that close to a relationship.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

Heh! Depends on the day. My damned arthritis can make me miserable. It flared up a week ago, damned near incapacitated me for a day or so. Left thumb----which is fine now. :-)

I'm actually doing pretty well. Don't have those days I recall that were full of ambition---but I still manage to put in a reasonable day. Don't have the stamina I once had, but then I wasn't almost 70 then, either. That's coming up in just three weeks. No more brown hair---all turned silver. What's up with that?

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 05:01:11 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan Vordos" scrawled the following:

Find a nice kinesiologist or Naturopath and get yourself checked for food allergies, 'Arry. When I ruled out the Nightshade family from my diet, I felt ten years younger and no longer woke up aching in the morning. When I got away from corn and slowed my coffee intake, the tendinitis in my right knee went away entirely. I'd bet money on foods causing 75% of non-flu/cold doctor visits now that mine have been proven to me.

It's a plot by the younger generations to make us feel old. I'm trying not to play along, but it seems to be getting harder every year.

LJ, whose salt equals his pepper lately.

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

huh. i didn't put any tomatos in this year, should've. my tomato salad is, vine ripened tomatoes sliced cucumbers mozzarella cheese chopped basil leaves garlic olive oil vinegar salt grated romano cheese.

served chilled.

doesn't keep well. gotta fix it and eat it.

i hate onions

i like to think this tomato salad it italian. i always think it's of the colors of the italian flag, tomatoes, mozzarella cheese, basil/cucumbers.

b.w.

Reply to
William Wixon

Maternal Grandfather's hair turned white before he was twenty leaving him with a RED handlebar moustache - must have been an impressive figure as a 5'6" tall ferrier. I still have a few strands that haven't gone white (somewhat of a "goatee" look from a distance. Every three months my doctor informs me that I am still alive and keep taking Lipitor although she has just added B12 and tells me to get more exercise (I'm too busy to walk Puppy around the block). Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I have idiots suggest I jog three miles a day while I'm standing there, leaning on my cane to keep from falling.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

Every three

I am extremely fortunate in that the only problem I have is the aftermath of a broken heel 21 years ago and walking is the recommended physio therapy for that. If I over exercise, I get discomfort, but the more I do, the more I can do. Thus, my lack of exercise can only be attributed to lack of motivation.

Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

Right, and that may be why it continues to be a de facto standard drafting program for professionals, particularly architechts. It doesn't compromise speed and efficiency for skilled users to be "user-friendly" to casual users. CAD technology and software has made huge strides in the past two decades as regards design and 3D parametric modelling e.g. ProE, SolidWorks, Alibre, etc, but drafting is still pretty much drafting. ACAD does drafting and geometry with almost arbitrary precision, and with mindboggling speed at the hands of a skilled operator. It is possible (and easy) to make a drawing with scope of precision like a drawing of a state-wide railroad network that can zoom in on the winding stem of a brakeman's watch dimensioned in microns.

Reply to
Don Foreman

I used to spend up to 16 hours a day on my feet while working two full time jobs. I'm lucky if I can spend one or two hours a day on my feet, these days.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I'm definitely a card-carrying cardiac-implanted, creaky, grandfatherly old fart, kid, but I don't lament the retirement of my old drafting tools in favor of CAD software. I haven't used my old Vemco drafting machine in more than a decade.

I keep learning new skills. That takes longer than it used to, but we retired guys have time to spend on learning slowly. Five years ago I could barely hit the inside of an outhouse with a 1911 .45. I've practiced and improved some since then. Selecting a gray head as prey can be risky to a predator in Minnesota USA, perhaps less so in Oz if you have fewer predators and no predators have firearms in Oz. I suppose that depends a lot on where in Oz, as it does here.

In the "good old days" in the U.S., young men didn't expect instant gratification, gov't handouts or easy paths paved by "others" and we didn't have to lock our doors. I do lament the passing of that era.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Too busy to live? Your choice, of course.

Having a heart attack due to arterial blockages and subsequent bypass surgery can adjust attitude a bit for some. It did for me.

Walking puppy round the block doesn't nearly get 'er done -- but shorter good life surely would beat the hell out of an extended invalid life of dependance and inexorable decay.

Pick yer pony, take yer ride.

Reply to
Don Foreman

Heh!

If my salt intake equaled my pepper intake, I'd be dead. I love pepper, often turning the surface of my food black. Wonderful flavor.

I do occasionally wander from my relatively light salt diet. The vet never told me to not use it, but I have voluntarily cut down, what with my blood pressure finally requiring medication as of two years ago. Easily returned to great numbers with just 10 mg of lisinopril. Damn stuff makes me cough, though.

The exception I speak of is a tomato salad that I make. Nothing but fresh garden ripened tomatoes (in season), grown where nights are warm, and sweet onions. Cut them in bite size pieces, add oregano, olive oil (which I've eaten all my life---that's what Greeks do), vinegar (plain old white vinegar is fine) and salt. Too much salt. I always say add what you think is enough, then add a lot more.

There's nothing like my tomato salad with a heated loaf of either Italian or French bread, sesame seeds optional.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos

On Sat, 27 Jun 2009 07:39:17 GMT, the infamous "Harold and Susan Vordos" scrawled the following:

I'm with you. The reference above was my hair color, not my dietary habits, sir. Blushing yet, 'Arry?

Hasen't your vet switched you to Potassium Chloride yet? I'm thinking about making the jump myself. I have white rings around both irises, but I use 5x more pepper than salt, and have for 25 years now. I do love my salty snacks, though. A bag of pretzels a week isn't too much, IMHO, but my eyes state a different set of facts.

Since I'm allergic, I'll pass on your type of salad. I put everything under the sun in mine, usually having a large bucket of precut greens/yellows/oranges in the fridge for a quick salad prep. Well, at least I did. I don't know what's happened to my salad eating lately. I have been letting various veggies go bad in the fridge for nearly a year now with no apparent excuse nor rhyme nor reason for it.

I finally put a (raised bed and) garden in this year and it's getting me more in the mood for fresh veggies. I tried a pinto-bean sized radish yesterday and it was great, and HOT. Yum! (I need to put my little "Grow, damnit!" laser-carved pebble out there to encourage the little buggers.)

-- Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass; it's about learning how to dance in the rain. --Anon

Reply to
Larry Jaques

NPR recently had an interesting Tomato Pie recipe. I haven't tried it yet, but it sounded good. See:

=== Tomato Pie

Make 1 biscuit recipe from the Bisquick box

Use as a pie crust and bake it. Place either ceramic baking beads or another pie plate on top of it to keep it from rising out of control.

Layer in the pie crust (really high) the sweet onions sliced pretty thin (generally 1 big one) and the garden fresh tomatoes not too thin (about 2 lbs). Season each layer of tomatoes with salt, fresh cracked pepper and fresh basil.

Make a top crust with 2 cups shredded cheddar and 1 cup mayo. Mix the cheese and mayo with your hands and squish it all over the pie like a top crust.

Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes to an hour.

On the crust, I used half goat cheese, half mayo, but you have to have the mayo to make the crust.

From: Kathy Lloyd, Pittsfield, Mass ===

Some pictures and comments if you follow the link.

No ripe tomatoes here yet :(

Reply to
Leon Fisk

You kidding? I'm too stupid to get embarrassed.

snip

Don't know anything about white rings around eyes, but my vet, who is no longer in the clinic we visit, never made mention about using salt, or a substitute. I can only imagine it's because my pressure was just marginally high. He was very thorough about other matters. We miss him. Politics in the clinic drove him away, just as it has others. He was an exceptional vet, ex-military.

Eat your veggies! You should know better than to avoid them. Even boiled mustard greens, which are a favorite of mine.

Harold

Reply to
Harold and Susan Vordos