Pictures from NAMES 2004

Some pictures from NAMES 2004 in Southgate, Michigan.

Fred Smith - IMService

We are THE source for lowcost Cad-Cam and Desktop CNC.

Reply to
Fred Smith

Hey Fred,

Thanks for that. Abby wasn't there this time, so we won't see anything from Mr. Logans site I don't think.

What's that "probe" thing in a paint booth all about? I never did get time to poke my nose into what you were doing, so I missed it.

Sure seemed to be a wide range of CNC stuff this time, from Sherline to Smithy. Is there any easy-to-come-by software for older CNC machines?

Take care.

Brian Lawson, Bothwell, Ontario. XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Reply to
Brian Lawson

Ruby tipped contact measurement probe with conversion to tool setter. Scans a defined surface directly into an .stl file, after smoothing and back compensation for probe tip radius.

The portable paint booth is an easily assembled (weld nuts) brushed aluminum enclosure for keeping your Sherline mill next to your bed or other area where you don't want to wake up rolling in chip.

Yup, a few others too. Take a look at the Turner controller from Cardinal engineering. The controller will emulate Fanuc 6, Centroid, or their own flavor.

Fred Smith - IMService

We are THE source for lowcost Cad-Cam and Desktop CNC.

Reply to
Fred Smith

Hey again Fred,

OK. thanks for the reply and the info. I'll look into it.

Take care.

Brian Laws>>

Reply to
Brian Lawson