PING: Ernie Leimkuhler

Greetings Ernie, I was one of the participants in that one day wire feed class you gave over at Grant's house a while back. Well, I just bought a Lincoln SP125 Plus. It works fine but the manual lists a Spot/Stitch timer which is no longer available. Next week I'll have all the parts together and will install my own homemade spot/stitch timer. I don't remember going over this feature at Grant's and was hoping you would post any tips you can think of when I start using this feature. Thanks, Eric

Reply to
Eric R Snow

Pardon me for butting in but, let me know if there really is a use for the timer, I have on on my mig and have played with it but I find stiching even more easy with a natural rythm. Maybe it's the music in the background...

Reply to
Tom Gardner

I added one to my Betamig 250 about 5 years ago and have yet to find a really good use for it.

I suppose if you did a lot of autobody panels it would be useful to have the spot welding feature.

Reply to
Ernie Leimkuhler

Thanks Ernie. And thanks for the .023 wire info too. Since I bought the thing to do sheet metal the stitch may actually come in handy. ERS

Reply to
Eric R Snow