PING: Gunner

Do you have a high-speed mandrel? Ideally, 10-15k rpm. Something I can drive with a flat belt and attach a cut-off wheel. The one I have spun a
Barden bearing and ate-up the cast iron.

Hummm....No, I sure dont.
Can you open up the bearing housing and use the next bigger size bearing and sleeve the shaft?
Let me ponder on it a bit and see what I can come up with. Let me know if you find something on your end before I do.
Gunner

Somewhere around here is a "Hiel" grinding spindle...I just have to find it. I'll see if there's enough meat to install a larger bearing or bore it out for a sleeve. My experience with high-speed stuff is that it doesn't tolerate much misalignment. Whatever I do, it best be PERFECT! ...or it will shake the dust off of the rafters.