Please help identify a tool?

Does anyone know what this tool is called and what's it for? It's the first two pics on my Photobucket site, just click on the link below. Castings have DA$ 103, DAG 147CF & DAG 148. I'm guessing that it might be a jig for drill bit sharpening. Thank Hank wd5jfr

Henry Kolesnik

Your guess is correct. It was sold by Rockwell, later by Delta and instructions for use can be downloaded at the excellent owwm.com. I have one and it works well.

Reply to
Peter Merriam

It is a Delta 1296 drill grinding attachment. Here is the manual, courtesy of the OWWM site:

Kevin Gallimore

axolotl

This fixture/accessory looks similar to one I bought a while ago. It's in a box somewhere, so I don't have access to it right now.

Your model appears to have more knurled adjusting knobs than the one I have, and to me, yours appears to be made to attach to a particular machine.

Mine looks more like a type that would mount to a typical bench grinder.

They both look to be about the same overall size.

The manufacturer for mine is Kalamazoo Industries, and the descriptive name used for it is - drill grinding attachment.

WB ......... metalworking projects

Wild_Bill

on the rest of your album. It brings back memories! BTW I think the German piece of equipment is form WW2, 1941 manufacture if I am correct. It is not one I am familiar with first hand (unlike the EK10s or EL10s). Does it have the RV series of "acorn" valves? The Germans sure knew how to build this stuff...

Reply to
Michael Koblic

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

Reply to
Henry Kolesnik

The tube sockets were typical and unlike anything I have seen elsewhere. they formed a complete cage around the whole tube with the pins sticking out

*sideways* but with one connection (anode AFAIK) at the top of the glass.

Those were the good days...

Reply to
Michael Koblic

I once worked for a German who talked like that.

And hummed the Horst Wessel song.

Reply to
Jim Wilkins

Acorn tubes?

Gerry :-)} London, Canada

Reply to
Gerald Miller

I once worked for a German who talked like that.

And hummed the Horst Wessel song.

***So I take it you will not be running for president in future...
Reply to
Michael Koblic

(x?%Ì=OÃ0?á?â¦$äDj?ôC¥?Xav³sí?Úÿ(ëóJ¯©®³èö³ã?ó?A?y¼Ñ!KÄ\¬?±?¿m??`ÄR\D0 ?²amÃÐö4ù?u·.«¹½6ýc?6øë¡u_k­1;ÚßnG/9Î',/»?öÆ ª?®?e±ÈxÑ,½³×Y??äy¬U&ò?{~jì #s?@ a"ô@ÑIXâ÷L¤ä? ???¤It!?ºÔS?pw???aº è?ðþ§9?1æAKe{

Reply to
Michael Koblic

But that is not an Acorn tube. I have one sitting on my mantle. ...lew...

Reply to
Lew Hartswick

If it looks like an acorn, walks like an acorn...:-). Anyway, I said "acorn", not Acorn. There are other things it looks like but acorn came to mind as the most polite.

Reply to
Michael Koblic

I think of acorn tubes - I think - baseless, pinless, all glass.

I want to say I have a few in the shop or did. Klystrons yes. Other RF and such naturally.

Mart>

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn