Plugging up cap screw holes for painting

Wax candle - pack it in. Later it can be melted or dug out. Solder iron can melt... Dig out is easier.
Martin
Ignoramus11220 wrote:

Plumbers putty worked out OK. I primed about 1/2 of the lathe today.

On Mon, 01 Mar 2010 12:16:30 -0600, Ignoramus11220

Mr. Holland, a gunsmith who does some superb epoxy pillar bedding of rifle actions, uses plumber's putty.

Don, plumber's putty worked out very well. I primed about half of my lathe with epoxy zinc filled primer, last night. Since epoxy is pretty tough stuff, I did not want it to get inside the screw heads or seal their perimeter.
Ignoramus11220 wrote:

Bondo