Maker Faire prep

--Well last night I signed up for the Northern California Maker Faire. This year I'm planning on displaying an array of homebrew air-operated contraptions. I'm wondering if you lot can describe stuff you may have seen that's related to the use of pneumatics or compressed air that would lend itself to a tabletop display. At present I've got everything from a pedal-operated benchtop drillpress to a modified nutsert tool and (hopefully) some TurboNuts so I'm thinking the weirder the better. --Suggestions welcome!

Reply to
steamer

Well, I've heard that the Amish have windmills that run air compressors that run water pumps. Somehow that fits in their framework of not being connected to the outside world or whatever.

Wes

Wes

Wes sez: "Well, I've heard that the Amish have windmills that run air compressors that run water pumps. Somehow that fits in their framework of not being connected to the outside world or whatever".

Good crack, Wes. Love it!! Kinda reminds me of what my Dad always said about such things, "If that's religion, I don't want any."

Bob Swinney

Wes

Robert Swinney

Seems to me a pump is good for 32'. Just maybe adding an air compressor might just extend it. Humm.

Mart> steamer wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

steamer wrote in news:4b8bfc36$0$1640 $ snipped-for-privacy@news.sonic.net:

How about a pneumatic knife blade honer?

Fit a thin diamond hone to a push-pull device such as a sheet-metal saw with the hone on edge then simply clamp the knife blade so that it's at the appropriate angle.

Reply to
RAM³