popup doorstop?

I want a doorstop that has a ball-point-pen type of push-down-push-up action. This has to go in the floor so the stop needs to be good for a side-load. I've seen a type with a sort of pivoting wedge but what I want has to lock up or down.

Reply to
unk

mcmaster.com search "plunger door holders"

Reply to
Pete C.

Like this?

or this:
Pop the RBBB off and the rod'll go into the floor.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

No, what I want is a flush-in-the-floor when it's down, and a poke-up- from-the-floor when it's up kinda deal. I want this in the floor so the door is free to swing open until it gets to the stop - or beyond it when I have the stop locked down.

Reply to
Jerry Stuckle

Good luck. I've never even seen that style.

Reply to
Larry Jaques

Larry Jaques fired this volley in news: snipped-for-privacy@4ax.com:

If it's at all in a dirty environment (like a shop floor), you'll not be happy with such.

Although not the style you asked for, here's one form of mortised stop:

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

The common hardware to hold a door in position is a bolt on the door that drops into a hole in the floor. The shallow hole is more easily installed and vacuumed clean than a sliding popup bolt would be, and can't become a tripping hazard. Is this floor ever wet-mopped?

In practice people use weights or rubber wedges moved into or out of position with a toe, or fold-down stops:

-jsw

Reply to
Jim Wilkins