Postal Service Incompetence

Again, Lloyd throwing a hissy-fit/whining over nothing.. admittedly, he had enough boxes for the imagined "crisis", but decided to blame someone else for his own negligence.

USPS provides the boxes for Free, and with Free delivery IIRC. WTF else could someone want? The boxes are clean-looking, even attractive, compared to plain tan cardboard. Some styles of USPS boxes don't even require tape to seal them shut.

they even have a toll-free number.

UPS fails in most situations to deliver anything quickly and without damage, IME.. they have a 5-day work week, so all domestic items basically sit in one place for 2 days minimum. The majority of over-5 lbs packages delivered by UPS, the contents had severe damage, destroying some very expensive electronic test equipment and other valuable items.

USPS has online shipping label services to enable shippers to print the labels with Free Delivery Confirmation, they deliver 6 days per week and independent haulers are moving mail 24/7/365. USPS will also pick up packages if one simply goes to the effort to arrange pickups.

As PM mentioned, USPS is self-funded (postage fees support USPS, not federal taxes), not that facts are of any importance to Lloyd. Lloyd is free to spend his money any way he wishes.. ULINE and other companies have all the shipping supplies he will ever need.

Now would be a good time for him to put his money where his mouth is.

The response he received may have been generated by software.. why would anyone want to hear or respond to a whining complaint about Free products and services?

There are unscrupulous fuckwits that take the free USPS Priority Mail boxes, then turn them inside-out to save a few cents by using the box to send something by Parcel Post.

Reply to
Wild_Bill

"Wild_Bill" fired this volley in news:Fg%wt.71387$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-12.dc.easynews.com:

Talk about the pot calling the kettle! You didn't even READ what I wrote.

I did NOT have enough boxes, had to travel 30 miles one-way to get them, and then had to cajole the postmaster at a different PO than my own before being "granted an exception" to get them.

And _you_ probably DO think that having 20 customers' orders delayed by over a week is an 'imagined' crisis, but I give better service than that.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

I guess that means the other 90% is correct.

It was your responsibility to have the Free boxes in supply.

You weren't treated as though the world revolves around you, so whine.

You should've called ULINE.

I guess all the bitching about being badly mistreated, again, may have had an effect on my reading comprehension (compassion).

Free boxes with Free delivery, and you ran out.. who's the fuckup?

Reply to
Wild_Bill

"Wild_Bill" fired this volley in news:w50xt.821495$ snipped-for-privacy@en-nntp-11.dc.easynews.com:

You. You can't read. The USPS moron can't write. You make a good pair.

I ordered the materials timely. But of course you ignored that part.

Lloyd

Reply to
Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

Why do you wallow with trolls? Trolls should be 'things that hang from trees'.

Reply to
Michael A. Terrell

I ship to many customers using the flat rate boxes. They are a great deal. An example: I ship to Alaska, bronze plates that are 16 inches in diameter and weigh 67 lbs when all packaged up with padding in the USPS large flat rate box. They get there in two three days. Shipping cost just under $17.00. The cheapest UPS option takes at least 4 days and costs just over $264.00. Though shipping locally doesn't have the same huge disparity it is almost always cheaper to ship flat rate USPS. Faster too. I insure the boxes, usually, because the parts are worth a lot. Only one box has been lost by the USPS in over 20 years of shipping with them. UPS has not lost any boxes but have 4 times delivered boxes that that were so damaged that the contents were either completely missing or were so damaged that the parts were unusable. Getting the insurance paid took about 60 days from both USPS and UPS. Overall the USPS does a better job cheaper. And unlike UPS they always get my packages to me before 3:00 PM. UPS commonly delivers packages to my shop after 7:00 PM, which does me no good that day. Eric

Reply to
etpm

that's hilarious - you certainly proved my point better than I could - you admit racism, you spout hate speech - yes, you are a fine person - you may wish to reconsider the advice I gave you and take it to heart. Oh, and it is clear that you use latinate phrases like "ad hominem" without understanding what they mean - however you have provided a nice example thereof in your tirade. So again, congratulations, consider introspection.

Reply to
a friend

And they soon will be.

Reply to