Power supply use

Just acquired a used Sorensen 40VDC 25A power supply. Variable voltage
and variable current. Looking for suggestions for it's use. Thinking
along the lines of small electroplating set-up and electro-derusting.
Any comments?
Reply to
Gerry
The above, plus battery charging, motor spinning, etc. It is a good versatile appliance.
Ignoramus9752
That would work very well indeed for electrolytic derusting. You might look in the dropbox at Ted's article on electrocleaning, or was it electropolishing?
Grant
Reply to
Grant Erwin
That is what jumped into my mind - electro-plating/derusting...
Sounds like a nice supply for stuff. 1000 Watt isn't bad. (I say Watt not VA since it is DC.)
Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Gerry wrote:
Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn
handy bench supply - test automotive stuff (that's what I use a supply like that for), 24VDC things, etc - of course it can do the plating/derusting, but a much less sophisticated supply can do that too
Reply to
William Noble
I think I may have an identical unit. They threw it out at work. Weighs about 75 lbs, 19" rack mount, amp and volt gauge, current limiting etc. Worked great for a while, used it for testing my car stereo, de-rusting etc. Unfortunatly it stopped working correctly and I have no schematic. I think the reason it finnaly died has something to do with some moron storing steel wool pads on the top of the ventilated case...
Gerry wrote:
Reply to
oldjag