Power supply use

Just acquired a used Sorensen 40VDC 25A power supply. Variable voltage and variable current. Looking for suggestions for it's use. Thinking along the lines of small electroplating set-up and electro-derusting. Any comments?

Reply to
Gerry

The above, plus battery charging, motor spinning, etc. It is a good versatile appliance.

Ignoramus9752

That would work very well indeed for electrolytic derusting. You might look in the dropbox at Ted's article on electrocleaning, or was it electropolishing?

Grant

Reply to
Grant Erwin

That is what jumped into my mind - electro-plating/derusting...

Sounds like a nice supply for stuff. 1000 Watt isn't bad. (I say Watt not VA since it is DC.)

Martin H. Eastburn @ home at Lions' Lair with our computer lionslair at consolidated dot net TSRA, Life; NRA LOH & Endowment Member, Golden Eagle, Patriot"s Medal. NRA Second Amendment Task Force Charter Founder IHMSA and NRA Metallic Silhouette maker & member.

Gerry wrote:

Reply to
Martin H. Eastburn

Reply to