Pre-start oil pump for car engine?

In article , Leo Lichtman says... ^^^^^^^^

I had a '68 chevy biscayne that did that. But in this case it was carb icing. :)

Jim

jim rozen

You could wire up an oil pressure switch to the engine coil... Then the engine would crank until the pressure switch left the coil fire... Also if for some reason you lost oil pressure the engine would automatically shut down...

Reply to
Kevin Beitz

Maybe an unintentional benefit of a lawn tractor (or other equipment) engine that has low oil shutdown. No oil pressure, no ignition.

Reply to
Andy Asberry

Had a problem with that on an '85 Ford Ranger. Wired the heat riser damper permanently closed to always draw manifold heat, and it never bothered me again. --Glenn Lyford

Reply to
Glenn Lyford

to the "Understanding the Prius" link. "what's going on as I drive" is probably the best area to start within there.

Reply to
Michelle Vadeboncoeur

|The accumulator is made by Moroso, and is available from |Summit Racing. | |There was one made by PreLuber(Lubrication Research?) | |Have one, don't reccomend it, even if they're still in |business, not carried by Summit Racing any longer. |Runs(ran) 45 secs at startup to build pressure. Min was |wired so it ran at shutdown also. Unintentionally. Tho |they did have a control module specifically for turbocharges |intended to run post shtdown. | |I believe mine had 30-40 hours total time when it failed. |Burns fuses, no longer runs. $500 + is way to much. | |The marine equipment supply is whee Ive been lookiing as to |replacing it. | |If you go this route, get quick disconnect fittings, with |anti-drain valves on the output side of the pump. |Disconnect the line, connect the spare line that goes to |your used oil can, and start the pump. Instant oil change! | |gary | | |>I have a wierd (nice) car with an engine that has a reputation for cam & |>follower wear due to bad lubrication in the first moments after starting. |>It occurs to me that an electric oil pump could be used to prevent this. |>Advice from the denizens of r.c.m. appreciated...

Accusump is 100% mechanical, and has saved many expensive racing engines for decades. Just close of the valve before shutting the motor off. When you restart, open the valve a few seconds before cranking so the pressurized oil can flow into the oil passages. Then start the motor Rex in Fort Worth

Reply to
Rex B